iPhone text feature corrupted?

When typing a text, random inserting of BB, CNN, CBD, occur. They occur sporadically, not all at once and not every time.

I delete them, when I catch it and continue typing my text message. 

How do I prevent this from happening? I read no malware App that can get rid of this type of corruption, is there another method? Thank you

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

When typing a text, random inserting of BB, CNN, CBD, occur. They occur sporadically, not all at once and not every time.

I delete them, when I catch it and continue typing my text message. 

How do I prevent this from happening? I read no malware App that can get rid of this type of corruption, is there another method? Thank you

Hello Shelby and :welcome:

This should take of the issue you are having. Go Settings/General,Reset/ and click on Reset Keyboard Dictionary and that will reset Keyboard Dictionary. You will probably need to reboot your iPhone.

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

Ok, doing that now! I’ll let you know if it works-

@Shelby Did this take care of your issue? What happens is your iPhone remembers everything you type and stores it in the dictionary just auto correct which sometimes I accidentally put in the wrong word. What we did was set the dictionary to default settings and it will start remembering everything you type again.

20 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I just typed a text and it was clean- no weird words. I did the dictionary reset keyboard. Thank you! That had been such a headache....

@Shelby glad to hear that cleared up the issue for you. Just keep in mind that anything you type is remembered by you iPhone.

Now you can go:

1. Quote

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap General.
    3. Tap Keyboard.
    4. Tap the switch next to Auto-Correction.
    5. You’ll know that Auto-Correction is off when the switch is gray.
    6. And if you use Siri
    7. Go to Setting
    8. Siri & Search
    9. Siri & Dictation History
    10. Delete Siri & Dictation History   

Just keep in mind that everything you type your iPhone will want to remember everything for you to make it easier to help you type. I'm sure there are other setting too but just letting you know only the things I do. If anyone else wants to add to want I have please feel free to.  @Shelby only do the ones in quote if you need to.

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

I just went into general and found VPN is not connected. Easy explanation of what that means and is connection important? Sorry for basics here.

@Shelby Which VPN are you running on your iPhone?

Sorry I forgot to ask if the VPN is enabled or disable?

Need both of the questions above please before I can continue.

Edited by Hardhead
add ?

@Shelby Yes it is important to have your VPN running. If you are running Norton VPN you will need to follow these steps below and if you are running a different VPN I will need to know the name of it please.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v120542223

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v132566469

Edited by Hardhead
added last link

@Shelby Okie dokie no worries 😉 we can fix the VPN. You can send me a private message if you don’t want anyone to know what VPN you use. BTW, I didn’t know you were running a VPN and anytime you make a settings change like we did you need to disable the VPN so it doesn’t mess up the settings in the app. Don’t worry I have done the exact same thing without knowing better so its all good and we will get everything back up and running with the VPN you are using. 😉

There are some applications, including Malwarebytes, that use VPN API's in order to do their thing, but are not actual VPN applications and will only show as being connected when necessary. If the OP isn't using an actual VPN, such as Norton, then this isn't an issue.

I run a different VPN that actually blocks malware and I made a network setting and I had to reset the VPN license. Little did I know when I first installed the VPN that it had a kill switch or you could disable it for 15 minutes 1 hour or even after reboot. That’s why I asked about the VPN that the OP was running. @Shelby if you need further assistance feel free to ask anytime.  Hope all is well and be safe! 🙂