Hi

my girlfriend got an application from her friend via whatsapp

i would love to install malwarebyte for android , her phone is stuck at v5

can't upgrade to v6

is there a way to just install malwarebyte for android on v5 (maybe an older version) ?

thanks

5 minutes ago, MAXBAR1 said:

@AdvancedSetup I ask you to verify because the system requirements on the PlayStore do not correspond to those indicated in your website https://it.malwarebytes.com/android/. Here it is in fact indicated 4.4+
I have now seen that the problem is on the Italian section of the site

can you try with a device with android v5?

there is no way to download ,sadly in the site of malwarebyte i can't download the *.apk

thanks

hi

i have the italian version too , and no , there is no even in the list using google play (update) for android

2 hours ago, julie80 said:

can you try with a device with android v5?

there is no way to download ,sadly in the site of malwarebyte i can't download the *.apk

thanks

Malwarebytes for Android is only distributed via the PlayStore as far as I know

Edited by MAXBAR1
3 hours ago, MAXBAR1 said:

It is indicated incorrectly on the site.  Not being compatible with your phone, the PlayStore probably won't display it.

hi

used 3 phones with android 5 , there is nothing on google play

i can see only with phones with android 6 and later

just try with an older phone , uninstall  it and search there is nothing need android v6 and later

It appears the non-English version of the page has not been updated.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I will be sure to inform the Product team about the issue.

3 hours ago, exile360 said:

It appears the non-English version of the page has not been updated.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  I will be sure to inform the Product team about the issue.

hi

android 6 is required ,isn't it?

but is there an older apk to use it , seeing i can't understand

i have malwarebyte paid under windows , a support for android would be appreciated

I was simply referring to the system requirements where it shows version 4.4 on the Italian language website vs the current English version of the page which shows that version 6.0 is required:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/android/

specs.png.d7c2d8425426dad852a48910e30d1f51.png

As far as I know, there is no older version available and the other versions of the website just need to be updated with the correct/current information and requirements.

Edited by exile360
17 hours ago, exile360 said:

I was simply referring to the system requirements where it shows version 4.4 on the Italian language website vs the current English version of the page which shows that version 6.0 is required:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/android/

specs.png.d7c2d8425426dad852a48910e30d1f51.png

As far as I know, there is no older version available and the other versions of the website just need to be updated with the correct/current information and requirements.

hi

do you think i could connect my phone to my computer ,and use antimalware to scan my phone?

i 'm malwarebyte windows user/client but i don't know how obtain support for android

thanks

No, scanning a phone in that fashion would not work and could potentially cause damage to the phone if it were to attempt a scan and clean

Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)

Even supporting version 6 is extremely old
Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)

The current version is: Android 10.0: September 3, 2019

Check & update your Android version
https://support.google.com/android/answer/7680439?hl=en

Get help from your device manufacturer & mobile carrier
https://support.google.com/android/answer/3094742

If the phones are that old it is very unlikely you'll be able to update too much but worth trying to update and see

Just to add a bit to what AdvancedSetup documented above, the Windows version also lacks any signatures for any Android based malware so it wouldn't do any good to scan the device with the Windows version of the software even if it were completely harmless, so either way it isn't useful for that purpose.

10 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

No, scanning a phone in that fashion would not work and could potentially cause damage to the phone if it were to attempt a scan and clean

Android 5.0-5.1.1, Lollipop: November 12, 2014 (initial release)

Even supporting version 6 is extremely old
Android 6.0-6.0.1, Marshmallow: October 5, 2015 (initial release)

The current version is: Android 10.0: September 3, 2019

Check & update your Android version
https://support.google.com/android/answer/7680439?hl=en

Get help from your device manufacturer & mobile carrier
https://support.google.com/android/answer/3094742

If the phones are that old it is very unlikely you'll be able to update too much but worth trying to update and see

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

Just to add a bit to what AdvancedSetup documented above, the Windows version also lacks any signatures for any Android based malware so it wouldn't do any good to scan the device with the Windows version of the software even if it were completely harmless, so either way it isn't useful for that purpose.

Hi

there is no update , it's sad I know

is there a very good application to scan my girlfriend's phone (outside malwarebyte)?

thanks

Trying to locate antivirus software for a phone that old would be a bit time consuming.

Try opening the Google Playstore on each device and search for one of these. If it shows in the store under your device it may work.

Avira
Bitdefender
ESET
Kaspersky
McAfee

53 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Trying to locate antivirus software for a phone that old would be a bit time consuming.

Try opening the Google Playstore on each device and search for one of these. If it shows in the store under your device it may work.

Avira
Bitdefender
ESET
Kaspersky
McAfee

hi

i have read that some malware could be not removed by an antimalware like malwarebyte , only resetting or flashing  the phone

is it true?

i will try them

thanks

Hello, my goddnes to blind to see the solution. SCNR.

I bought in the past, Malwarebytes-antimalware for ATTENION Android Os 4.2.2. This version does not suportetet ....

Please look around here, www.Apkmirror.com

Was recommended to me at that time in a different thread som ...

Unfortunately I can't find the thread anymore, it was recommended to me at the time ... to download the corresponding version ...

MAM

Hello, you mean me now, right?
But that was what was recommended to me at the time, and that's how I did it. I have to look for the thread ... if I can still find it ...

MAM

9 hours ago, MAM said:

Hello, my goddnes to blind to see the solution. SCNR.

I bought in the past, Malwarebytes-antimalware for ATTENION Android Os 4.2.2. This version does not suportetet ....

Please look around here, www.Apkmirror.com

Was recommended to me at that time in a different thread som ...

Unfortunately I can't find the thread anymore, it was recommended to me at the time ... to download the corresponding version ...

MAM

hi

but is safe download from apkmirror?

but malwarebyte could post some old version for the client

thanks

9 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Just reset the phone and don't use any APK outside of the official play store. That is how phones get infected many times.

hi

it's no my phone , it's my girfriend phone , she like it , and she replaced some month ago the battery

i have used the malware linked ,even for malwarebyte it's the best

seem they fixed quickly

i will take the phone under   observation