My laptop has bren infecte with a troyan virus

I was working on Word when my antivirus started detecting threads on my applications and then one by one stop working, every. Exe file was detected as a virus (WIN32:APANAS), now i cant even open task manager, to be honest this is my first time dealing with this so i dont know what to do, right now im doing a full virus scan and see if does something

Thanks

Hello Antonio1040 and welcome to malwarebytes....

Continue with the following:

If you do not have Malwarebytes installed do the following:

Download Malwarebytes from the following link:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

or,

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb4_offline

Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions....

When the install completes or Malwarebytes is already installed do the following:

Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "security tab"

Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on....

Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab......

When the scan completes quarantine any found entries...

To get the log from Malwarebytes do the following:

• Single click on the target sight above scanner window.
  • In the new window select Report
  • Double click on the Scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click Export > From export you have two options:
    Copy to Clipboard - if seleted right click to your reply and select "Paste" log will be pasted to your reply
    Export toTxt - if selected you will have to name the file and save to a place of choice, recommend "Desktop" then attach to reply

• Please use "Export to Txt" then attach the log to your reply...

Next,

Download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes onto your Desktop.

Or from this Mirror

• Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select user posted imageRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users)
  • Accept the EULA (I accept), then click on Scan
  • Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Quarantine button. This will kill all the active processes
  • Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it
  • After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply

Next,

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
    user posted image

• Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Let me see those logs in your reply...

Thank you,

Kevin....

Thanks for replying Kevin, after downloading the malwarebytes, detect malware, quarantine it, and remove it later (Detected SVCHOST virus),I restarted the computer and allowed me to use the task manager and the other applications, but even so, my antivirus (Avast) eliminated the .exe files of some applications (chrome and others), but its fine i download them again, i wanted to know if its save to plug a USB o a external storege to my laptop, or there is a way to know if my laptop its still infected.

Addition.txt Scan Log 2.txt Scan Log 1.txt AdwCleaner[C00].txt

Hello Antonio1040,

I need to see the logs from FRST to see if your system has any remaining Malware or Infection... You have not posted FRST.txt, also its secondary log Addition.txt has no information. Can you run FRST again..

Run FRST one more time, ensure all boxes are checkmarked under "Whitelist" but only Addition.txt under "Optional scan" Select scan, when done post the new logs. "FRST.txt" and "Addition.txt"

user posted image

Thank you,

Kevin...

Hiya Antonio1040,

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

Next,

Download "Microsoft's Safety Scanner" and save direct to the desktop

Ensure to get the correct version for your system....

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Right click on the Tool, select “Run as Administrator” the tool will expand to the options Window
In the "Scan Type" window, select Quick Scan
Perform a scan and Click Finish when the scan is done.

Retrieve the MSRT log as follows, and post it in your next reply:

1) Select the Windows key and R key together to open the "Run" function
2) Type or Copy/Paste the following command to the "Run Line" and Press Enter:

notepad c:\windows\debug\mrt.log

The log will include log details for each time MSRT has run, we only need the most recent log by date and time....

Let me see those logs in your reply...

Regarding USB devices:
Panda USB Vaccine - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/panda-usb-vaccine/ Protectes your system when USB devices are plugged in...

Thanks,

Kevin

fixlist.txt

Im sorry, but i have a problem, neither FRST or MSERT make a Log text, i run Frst twice and search all my computer and nothing i couldnt find "Fixlog.txt", i know that fix and delete all y temp files from chrome edge and windows temp files, but it didnt create a log text, the same with MSERT it runs  (I did it twice) the scan didndt detect anything but the mrt.log its empty nothing shows.

Any reason for this?

Thanks

6 hours ago, kevinf80 said:

Hiya Antonio1040,

What is the current status of your PC, any remaining issues or concerns...?

Thank you,

Kevin..

Well no until now every program works fine, no other .exe error, ive been doing twice scans a day, but nothing appears. scan my entire pc twice too and nothing, the programs that i couldnt save, i delete everything and re-installed it, also no slow or overheated cpu, hdd works fine.

Im a little worried to connect my backup drive though, but im gonna wait a few days and see what happens, 

Thanks

Hello Antonio1040,

Good to hear your laptop is back to normal for you, we can clean up as follows:

Right click on FRST here: C:\Users\Antonio\Downloads\FRST64.exe and rename uninstall.exe when complete right click on uninstall.exe and select "Run as Administrator"

If you do not see the .exe appended that is because file extensions are hidden, in that case just rename FRST64 to uninstall

That action will remove FRST and all created files and folders...

Next,

Remove all System Restore Points: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/33593-delete-system-restore-points-windows-10-a.html#option2

Create clean fresh Restore Point: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-system-restore-point

Run Windows Disk Clean Up Utility - https://neosmart.net/wiki/disk-cleanup/

From there you should be good to go...

Next,

Read the following links to fully understand PC Security and Best Practices, you may find them useful....

Answers to Common Security Questions and best Practices

Do I need a Registry Cleaner?

Take care and surf safe

Kevin... user posted image

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you