• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, exile360 said:

You can try, but going to the manufacturer's site would likely be faster since you can get all the latest drivers there anyway (including the ones that are still missing/not installed such as the USB hub/controller drivers).

I should do it on internet explorer right now, or get google chrome first?

Okay so far so good, i've managed to update all my drivers through Windows.old\System32\DriverStore, my resolution is back, the keyboard, and my network. I have activated the product key too by using ProduKey to track down my old key. One last question though, I have accidentally loaded a hive from windows.old to my current registry but I haven't unloaded it yet. Will a registry key like this have no effect on my system? Because i'm having trouble deleting it.

IMG_20200815_131934.jpg

• Staff

All I did was search for the Product listed in the command window when you checked the motherboard info and the product page for that motherboard was among the first results.  I then clicked the Support link on the product page and then selected the Downloads link.  The latest drivers for the motherboard should all be there.

• Root Admin

Hello @Dankiedoge glad to hear you were able to finally get through all of this. Quite a learning experience which in the end will help you going forward anytime you do need to work on a computer or possibly help others.

So are all the Yellow devices now gone in your Device Manager?

Again, when you're able to make sure you create good solid backups of your system.

The following are tips to also help prevent an infection or help improve operations and provide more privacy

If you'd like us to review the system for possible issues you can submit the following logs.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

The following can also check and verify your files with VirusTotal and possibly show other issues.

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here.
  • Save Autoruns.exe to your desktop and double-click it to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures and Check VirusTotal.com and Submit Unknown Images
  • Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right-click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply

image.png

This tool can help you to ensure you have your other software updated as well

Patch My PC Home Updater
https://patchmypc.com/home-updater

Cheers and have a great week

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information