The system is Lenovo AIO(All in one desktop) C240 with i TB HDD , 2GB RAMddr3 2013 model with win 8 OEM and now 8.1 reinstalled few years back.

Attaching the sysnative BSOD dump and system spec.

BSOD at times and systemslow downs with multi tabs otafter some time.

If further Driver diagnostics, HDD, RAM will provide.(as not going for it right now)

Tks. 

03.08.2020_21.21.23_REC.png

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

since it's AIO, is with power adapter and powered direct,no battery.and think it's a 65 W adapter 240V AC (can't read the wattage on the adapter).

45 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Please try a different web browser to see if that helps.  If not, please try disabling any add-ons in your browser to see if that resolves the issue.

Nothing. switched frombrave to edge,than chrome.the result is same. endless loading process

05.08.2020_13.16.06_REC.png

Please Run TFC by OldTimer to clear temporary files:

• Download TFC from here and save it to your desktop.
  • http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
  • Close any open programs and Internet browsers.
  • Double click TFC.exe to run it on XP (for Vista and Windows 7 right click and choose "Run as administrator") and once it opens click on the Start button on the lower left of the program to allow it to begin cleaning.
  • Please be patient as clearing out temp files may take a while.
  • Once it completes you may be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
  • Once it's finished you may delete TFC.exe from your desktop or save it for later use for the cleaning of temporary files.

Open an elevated Admin command prompt and type in the following and press the Enter key.

CHKDSK  C:  /F

Then press the Y key to allow it to run on reboot.

Than reboot.

After the reboot then run the following, again using an Elevated Admin command prompt

SFC  /SCANNOW 

Then copy / paste the following into the command prompt 

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Then restart the computer one more time. Then visit the Lenovo site and try to scan your system again.

tku. anything on BSOD dump? It's near to trading time , so will hv to take up scannings for late night, or in weekend only. probably weekend would be better. know SFc & DISM will need time.

Can we follow this “https://www.wintips.org/how-to-fix-dism-source-files-could-not-be-downloaded-0x800f0906-windows-10-8/#:~:text=How%20to%20FiX%20DISM%20RestoreHealth%20Error%200x800f0906.%20Method,Method%201.%20Run%20DISM%20command%20again.%20Method%202"

Tried windows update troubleshooter and it seem to fix errors pertaining toit and tried dism again but to no change. problem with dism persists.

Worst come will have toreinstall OS again.

but before that, any suggestions,pl.

If you haven't created a backup of your data recently, I'd definitely suggest starting there.  If you are frequently needing to reinstall your OS due to disk issues like this, the drive might be on its way out.

I spent nearly 4 hrs on this since morning in vain . so, inclined to go for reinstall and except for media files, there is nothing much in disk. so, will upload required media to cloud and create a bootable windows usb drive and go for reinstall from there on and no special devices to worry abt drivers. so, this is my plan and system corruption may be due to any power disruption, so don't think drive is in problem. In worst case have live-cd to fall back on, if hdd fails.

Sounds reasonable.  I expect that if the drive is having any issues, you'll likely see further problems after the reinstall, and since you'll have your important stuff backed up, you will be prepared in case the drive does fail (or the OS becomes corrupt again).  Reinstalling Windows is certainly much simpler than trying to find everything possibly wrong with a known corrupted OS as there's no telling what other areas might also have some sort of corruption (especially the registry, particularly if your intuition is correct regarding power disruption as being the cause, as unscheduled shutdowns nearly always corrupt the registry if any damage is done to the system at all from the power disruption).

Hmm. As it's been a while since I went back to windows after being for long in live-cd, and a win reinstall after many y rs seem to be at sea to get it riight. First I was of the hope that win activation will be automatic being win 8 OEM install and auto graduation to 8.1 from thereon.  I did hv both OEM key and 8.1 key on hand but was jolted when both keys failed to reactivate windows. Had to try some unorthodox slmgr script to activate it but still find problems in updating OS and don't know how to take up further. I got 8.1 iso from MS site only and created the boot usb with windows Dvd tool and can't understand why keys are turned down and what to do next. Any suggestions, pl. Tks.

In fact can understand 8 key not wrkg for 8.1 installer but for 8.1 key to be accepted during install and then not activating OS is shocking . Now shd I try with win  8 installer and 8 key to see if that works?? And I do hv a win 7 license too on hand . What to do? Pl. Suggest, tks.

And whether using or creating a new MS account during reinstall could be the culprit?? As wasn't sure abt existing MS account and created a new account and whether doing a reinstall of 8.1 with existing MS account would work in reactivating it??. Pl. suggest, tks.

Hmm. Even more strange is that now with the unorthodox slmgr script activation, OS activated without a key ( as reported by key finder tool). And windows does update but damn slow but works and shd one now need 8 combo key & OS in sync, or 8.1 in sync with Ms account to reinstall again or leave it as it is as update is wrkg now anyway but a tad slow to my belief?? Welcome any suggestions. Tks 

Posted (edited)

tks. @exile360 hmm. from the links it's clear that one has to go with original windows that came with system (so obviously win 8 OEM route is the right way to go about) but it's not clear whether upgrade to 8.1 will be automatic (since it was offered to all win 8 users at that time, though free upgrade to win 10 still remains, but system compatibility could come in the way of win 10). And having spent too much time on this the whole day today on this and with update wrkg, don't feel the need to disturb it now (may be next time will try it the right way). tks. anyway.

Edited by sman