Malwarebytes + Airplane mode = battery drain on Android 8

I was wondering if any users have found a work around for this issue:

Starting at the beginning of June, on Android 8 devices, Malwarebytes drains the battery rapidly when the device is put into airplane mode.

I've been in touch with Malwarebytes support several times in the past 2 months and they said it's a known issue with Android 8, which they do not plan on fixing.  The solution they said is that a user must manually disable Malwarebytes before putting the phone in airplane mode.  When airplane mode is disabled, the user must manually re-start Malwarebytes.

I often put my phone in airplane mode at night when sleeping, but if I forget, then I get awoken by alerts of a dying battery.

Has anyone found a better workaround than having to remember to manually disable and re-enable Malwarebytes?  It's pretty frustrating.

Only other thing I can add is cut off cellular data and then cut it back on when you are up but you show still be able to get wifi alerts if your ISP let you.

Edited by Hardhead