Unable to connect license server

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already know the answer to that.  As I mentioned in post #44 in this thread,  was getting the errors in Family Historian while being connected via Ethernet.  This was while Malwarebytes was not installed on the system.  It was only after disconnecting Ethernet and using WiFi that I re-installed Malwarebytes.

Thanks,
Bill

41 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Make a new System Restore Point then see if installing this version corrects the issue or not

https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/lua-quick-start/9781789343229/b9f5f696-15a5-4445-9eb7-5fea563e9592.xhtml

Sorry, I can't do this.  Family Historian does not support and will not run plugins using the newer versions of LUA.  This is a sore point with many users and we have asked Family Historian to update their software to use a newer version of LUA, but so far they have not done so.  I think that LUA is embedded somehow in the Family Historia program itself or something like that.

I still have the same question I guess.  What does this have to do with the errors in Malwarebytes and why does it work fine when using WiFi instead of Ethernet?

Thanks,
Bill

Edited by BillH99999

• Root Admin

I'm sorry but I really don't have an answer as to why it would be an issue with Malwarebytes. We're not using LUA as shown here in 3rd party notices

https://www.malwarebytes.com/pdf/guides/ThirdPartyLicenseSupplement.pdf

I'll check with the team on Monday and see if anyone has any further ideas on this

Thanks Bill

Have a good weekend

@AdvancedSetup

Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate your efforts.  I look forward to hearing back with any thoughts others on the team might have. 

I can live with using WiFi instead of Ethernet if I have to.  Using the 5 gHz WiFi connection gives me about 280 mbps download speed compared to about 600 using Ethernet.  It is still fast although 1/2 as fast as Ethernet.  

If I could get Malwarebytes and Family Historian to work on my Ethernet connection that would be ideal.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!

Bill

• Root Admin

Hi Bill  @BillH99999

Can you visit this site and send me a private message with a screenshot of the results

https://test-ipv6.com/

Can you also run the following from a commandline. Type in or copy / paste and send me back the results

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters" /v "DisabledComponents" 

Thanks

@AdvancedSetup

Thanks for getting back to me.  You didn't say whether I should do this on Ethernet or WiFi.  These are the results on WiFi.  If you want me to do them on Ethernet, let me know.

The reg query results:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters
    DisabledComponents    REG_DWORD    0x8

I will send the other results by private message right away. 

Thanks,
Bill

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you