4.1.2.73 component update 1.0.1003

Firefox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, pal1000 said:

Spotted a regression with UI: some overlay windows won't open. Examples: add exclusion window. and exploit protection advanced settings window. Interestingly enough, overlay windows for adding and editing scheduled scans respectively, work as expected.

mbst-grab-results.zip 739.26 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, I just checked and it's the same for me.  I will be sure to report this to the Product and QA teams for analysis.

Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Thanks

Not real sure but I thought I had Update treat intelligence enabled to check every hour for updates. After installing the beta Update threat intelligence was disabled. I may be wrong but can someone double check this please?

If mbst-grab results are needed please let me know. 
Thank you 🙏 

3 hours ago, pal1000 said:

Spotted a regression with UI: some overlay windows won't open. Examples: add exclusion window. and exploit protection advanced settings window. Interestingly enough, overlay windows for adding and editing scheduled scans respectively, work as expected.

mbst-grab-results.zip 739.26 kB · 0 downloads

Same.  Glad to know it is being looked at already.

49 minutes ago, Hardhead said:

Not real sure but I thought I had Update treat intelligence enabled to check every hour for updates. After installing the beta Update threat intelligence was disabled. I may be wrong but can someone double check this please?

If mbst-grab results are needed please let me know. 
Thank you 🙏 

Same as Exile, set by default to 1 hour also.

8 minutes ago, unknownguy said:

Just noticed about the add to exclusion button didn't show the windows. Also saw it's already reported.

Is there another way to add folders to exclusion like manually add them?

My guess would be to revert off the ßeta component build.  I don't believe there is a way to 'sideload' exclusions as that would be a potential security issue.

Hi all,

The issue with various UI controls (Add exclusions, advanced Exploit Protection settings, etc) will no longer be an issue once this beta version is released to all users. Note that this issue does not affect all beta users.

If you're in need of using these UI controls now, you will need to downgrade to the latest non-beta version.

Thank you for sharing feedback.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:02 AM, LiquidTension said:

The issue with various UI controls (Add exclusions, advanced Exploit Protection settings, etc) will no longer be an issue once this beta version is released to all users. Note that this issue does not affect all beta users.

Now that it is non beta are we going to have to clean install to fix the issue. I still have no access to the allow list.

I just tested on my desktop and the add button is working fine.

I tested on my laptop and it was not functioning.  Checked for updates, and it downloaded and installed an update, but still not able to use the Add button.

I then rebooted the laptop, and still unable to use hte Add button to add exceptions.

Both machines are set up to accept ßeta updates, and both were on the ßeta release of 1003 prior to today.

@LiquidTension - if you would like any logs from either machine, please let me know.

Hi all,

Regrettably, there is still an issue for some machines. Clean uninstalling isn't necessary.
To restore full UI functionality immediately, disable Self-Protection and delete the following folder: %ProgramData%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\IrisPlugins. Re-enable Self-Protection afterwards if necessary.

We are actively taking measures to minimize the impact of this and restore full UI functionality to all CU 1.0.1003 users.

Thank you for the continued feedback.

Edited by LiquidTension

2 minutes ago, LiquidTension said:

To restore full UI functionality immediately, disable Self-Protection and delete the following folder: %ProgramData%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\IrisPlugins. Re-enable Self-Protection afterwards if necessary.

Worked for me. I just quit MB from the system folder and deleted the folder. Fixed, Thanks.

4 hours ago, LiquidTension said:

Hi all,

Regrettably, there is still an issue for some machines. Clean uninstalling isn't necessary.

We are actively taking measures to minimize the impact of this and restore full UI functionality to all CU 1.0.1003 users.

Thank you for the continued feedback.

I do not envy you this troubleshooting at all.

I still cannot understand how it worked perfectly fine on my desktop and not my laptop...unless sleep mode makes a difference, as my desktop never actually goes into sleep mode?  Obviously different hardware, but since I'm working from home, both connected to the same network, and settings comparison between the two show nearly identical (I have 1 extra item in the allow list on the laptop, is all).

Followed instructions, and it works again, thanks!

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Worked for me. I just quit MB from the system folder and deleted the folder. Fixed, Thanks.

3 hours ago, exile360 said:

Confirmed here as well.  I had the issue, quite MB from the tray, deleted the folder and started MB back up and now the UI works as it should.

Thanks LiquidTension.

Disabled self-protection, stopped MB from running, deleted folder, started it back, and all is well (again) with the laptop.  For testing, I re-enabled the self-protection module.

Edited by John L. Galt
Added blurb about re-enabling self-protection module

53 minutes ago, Firefox said:

What about the files/folder we created?  I noticed the files did not get re-created, are they not needed?

While I cannot speak officially, I seem to recall those files being created for the purpose of installing updates, so they will likely be recreated the next time new threat signatures/databases are downloaded.  I might not be recalling that accurately though, so I concede to whatever LiquidTension or any other staff member says.