Alfaebooks

False Positive - Alfa Ebooks Manager

Hi,

Could you please rescan and remove our software Alfa Ebooks Manager (https://alfaebooks.com) from Malwarebytes blacklist, as our customers report of "could be malicious" alerts

Here is VirusTotal result:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/effb88e25abcf1443fbdf5e0aabf3058fb50de950fe55c985451f5cf0fc01f12/detection

Thank you

Hello, I cannot reproduce detection on the file you linked to at virustotal, nor can I reproduce a block on the URL you provided. Can you provide a log of the detection if you are still seeing it please?

It may be that the software itself is connecting to a server which is blocked by Malwarebytes, though that's just a guess based on the situation and the alert message described.  If that is the case, Malwarebytes Researchers will need a list of IPs/URLs which the application connects to, or at least a log showing the block from an affected system.

Thanks, I'm not seeing any blocks for that URL.  Is there a specific sub-domain that the software connects to for updates?  It could be that only it is being blocked for some reason (possibly some sort of heuristics block or similar).  If not, then the log will show us what is happening once the customer provides it.

Finally, it turned out that the alert was produced by Malwarebytes' browser guard extension

0728202007_resized.jpg

Thank you, I have asked that the forum moderators move this thread over to the Malwarebytes Browser Guard area so that they may investigate and whitelist the site once it is verified as an FP.

I was able to access the site with no issues, but the download link was triggering a suspicious download.  I whitelisted that after verifying its safety.