my email blocked beacuse 81.169.145.3 false positive

refthoom

I have an email domain running at strato and using outlook 2003 using an IMAP account to check my mail. Although I purchased the domain through their Dutch site the servers are of course in Germany. This IP is being blocked by MBAM. The IP reverses to rzone.de and if you drill down a bit strato.de soon pops up.

When I turn off IP-blocking I receive mail from this domein, when I turn it on I recieve no mail from this domain. So it is very clear that the IP-blocking is the culprit. Very annoying. :) Specially in the beginning since I did not get a warning or information that my email was being blocked :)

Also it is kind of defeating the purpose of this feature because for me to receive mail from this domain, I must disable IP-blocking, leaving the html emails from my other 10+ email domains unprotected. B)

Sadly, this IP range currently houses over 143 malicious sites;

http://hosts-file.net/?s=81.169.145.3

If possible, I'd suggest either moving your domain to a different host, or asking your current host to move you out of this IP range (i.e. out of 81.169.145.*)

Archived