Stadders

RTProtectionDaemon using up huge resources

I wonder if it is just me but I have a iMac Retina 4K 21.5 inch 2017 3.6GHz i7 machine with the 1TB fusion drive.  Since upgrading to the subscription Malwarebytes software my computer has been using a lot more CPU and running very hot with fans running loud and at times sounding like a gale.  I have looked at the activity monitor and at times when this is happening the RTProtectionDaemon is using 50 - 60% of the CPU.  That seems really very high.

Could it be this that is also slowing my computer down quite a lot?

Cheers 

Hello @Stadders and :welcome:

To assist in expert analysis, please gather and post in the next reply to this topic:

• macOS System Version and build: Apple menu -> About This Mac -> System Report... (button) -> (left pane) select Software  -> (right pane) System Version and (build).
  • Malwarebytes Version: Launch the Malwarebytes App -> App menus: Malwarebytes -> About Malwarebytes -> Version Information -> Malwarebytes version: n.n.nn

Thank you.

I am having the same problem. Turned off Real Time Protection and my MacBook Air and that seemed to solve the issue. Don't want to run like that for too long.

System Version: macOS 10.15.5 (19F101)

Malwarebytes version 4.4.11

Hello @Stadders & @Jwilly333,

Apologies for the delay.

I would recommend to create a support ticket so that our team could gather more information about the issue and investigate further.

Link to our support site > https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/categories/360002468253-Malwarebytes-for-Mac