Jump to content

Random CMD prompts when laptop charger plugged in


Recommended Posts

  • AdvancedSetup changed the title to Random CMD prompts when laptop charger plugged in
  • Root Admin

Hello @MalwareIsDum

Please let us know the following

Manufacturer name:
Model number:
Current OS:

Then run the following so we can get some logs to see what is running on your system

 

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @MalwareIsDum

Please let us know the following

Manufacturer name:
Model number:
Current OS:

Then run the following so we can get some logs to see what is running on your system

 

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

 

 

Hello whats manfuactor name im new to pcs and whats model number i know my pc is 64 bit my os is windows 10

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

 

 

Virustotal says 2 engines detected is it a virus? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin

This is a False Positive. If you search here and on the Web you'll find this tool is downloaded and used thousands of times.

Unfortunately Microsoft SmartScreen and Windows Defender may attempt to block or prevent running our tool. It is advised to temporarily disable them if needed and once our tool has completed to make sure you re-enable them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

This is a False Positive. If you search here and on the Web you'll find this tool is downloaded and used thousands of times.

Unfortunately Microsoft SmartScreen and Windows Defender may attempt to block or prevent running our tool. It is advised to temporarily disable them if needed and once our tool has completed to make sure you re-enable them.

 

I runed it and did what u said i didnt get any logs weird

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin

Please click on the links I provided above (shown below as well) and temporarily disable both Smart Screen and Windows Defender

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17443/microsoft-edge-smartscreen-faq

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027187/windows-10-turn-off-antivirus-protection-windows-security

Then download FRST as shown below to gather logs

 

 

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Root Admin

It too creates logs. I'd love to help you but without getting logs I'm not going to be able to assist.

Is there someone else there with you that can assist you?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AdvancedSetup said:

It too creates logs. I'd love to help you but without getting logs I'm not going to be able to assist.

Is there someone else there with you that can assist you?

Im sure my pc is ok i close cmd when it opens so u can close this

y

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.