[RESOLVED] Malwarebytes Privacy crashes every time I start it

Katieman

• Root Admin

Please restart the computer at least 2 more times after the last Windows Update. Then run FRST again and post back both new logs.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Please uninstall the following software. Go into Control Panel, Programs, Add/Remove Uninstall

Java(TM) 6 Update 23
Bonjour

What exactly is mDNSResponder.exe?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/howto/what-is-mdnsresponder-exe-and-why-is-it-running/

MDNSResponder, also known as Bonjour, is Apple’s native zero-configuration networking process for Mac that was ported over to Windows and associated with MDNSNSP.DLL.  On a Mac or iOS device, this program is used for networking nearly everything.  On Windows, this process is only necessary for sharing libraries via iTunes and other Mac applications like the Apple TV that were ported to Windows.  Bonjour allows different computers running iTunes to communicate with each other regardless of network configuration, this is because it enables automatic network discovery.

What Is mDNSResponder.exe / Bonjour and How Can I Uninstall or Remove It?
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/6456/what-is-mdnsresponder.exe-bonjour-and-how-can-i-uninstall-or-remove-it/

Then reboot and try reinstalling Malwarebytes Privacy and see if it works this time or not.

Malwarebytes Privacy online installer
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbprivacy-online

After removing Bonjour, which was a pain and in multiple directories, I finally got rid of it.

Java 6 update was difficult to remove because the .MSI file to uninstall it was long deleted from my Temp folder. However I found a small java utility uninstaller and it worked perfectly.

I installed Malwarebytes Privacy again and this time it did not ask for permission to install Wireguard like it did every other time, it just automatically installed it.

AND IT WORKS! I can't believe it but it FINALLY works!

I cannot thank you enough AdvancedSetup for your time and dedication it is truly OUTSTANDING!!!!

Once again Thank You very much!!!

• Root Admin

Excellent, very glad to hear that you were able to complete all of that. Good job.

Don't forget to backup your  system now that you've gotten all of this new work completed.

Here are some other tips to help you protect your computer data and privacy. You don't need to do everything there and no need to rush. Perhaps bookmark the page and review as you have time.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258363-tips-to-help-protect-from-infection/

I'll go ahead and move your topic back to the Privacy forum

Take care and have a great Holiday

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to Malwarebytes Privacy crashes every time I start it
  • AdvancedSetup changed the title to [RESOLVED] Malwarebytes Privacy crashes every time I start it