www.keepandshare.com false positive (again)?

KeepandShare

Once again, users of www.keepandshare.com are reporting to us that Malwarebytes is blocking our site.  This time it says due to a Trojan.  Can you confirm that Malwarebytes is in fact blocking www.keepandshare.com?  It would be very helpful to know the URL that is causing the issue so that it can be removed or fixed.

Keep&Share does not intend on hosting malicious content.  We are a productivity website that allows groups of people, mostly businesses, to coordinate calendars, address books, todo lists, files, etc in real time.  Occasionally files are uploaded by endusers to our website that do not meet our guidelines and though we do scan all file uploads the evolving nature of attacks means that sometimes things get through.

It would be so much more helpful if you would set up a feedback loop system like is done for spam email so that site owners could register to be notified of problems directly along with important details such as the URL that is triggering the issue.  This would make it so much easier for us to know what is wrong and get it fixed quickly.

Thank you for your prompt and expeditious attention to this matter

Jonathon,
Senior Developer
Keep&Share

OaDQM2crA8wRFKEkbBByI2lc47pasMDY5A.png

I have terminated the user account that uploaded that pdf file.  Our web server should be responding with a 404 response.  Can you please unblock www.keepandshare.com now?

Is there some reason why this would have been flagged as Trojan vs a Phishing attempt?

And again is there any way we can get signed up for a feedback loop so that when you are going to block us in the future we get notified along with details as to the reason for the block so that we can quickly resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Jonathon,
Senior Developer
Keep&Share

Hello,

Any updates on removing the block for www.keepandshare.com?  I'm still getting reports from our users that we are blocked and I terminated the account of the user that uploaded a phishing pdf file on Friday at around 12:30PM pacific time and notified you that the file you said was causing the problem was no longer available.  I am a little surprised that the block was not promptly removed after that.  If there is still any other issues please let me know so we can promptly resolve it.

Thanks,

Jonathon,
Senior Developer
Keep&Share

Hello,

I still have not received any updates.  As far as I know we have taken care of the issues Malwarebytes made us aware of but I'm still getting reports from our users that we are blocked.  With how quickly I got a response on Friday I was definitely expecting a prompt resolution to this matter.  I am extremely disappointed.

Thanks,

Jonathon,
Senior Developer
Keep&Share

• Staff
19 hours ago, KeepandShare said:

Hello,

I still have not received any updates.  As far as I know we have taken care of the issues Malwarebytes made us aware of but I'm still getting reports from our users that we are blocked.  With how quickly I got a response on Friday I was definitely expecting a prompt resolution to this matter.  I am extremely disappointed.

Thanks,

Jonathon,
Senior Developer
Keep&Share

Hello, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've reviewed the site again and have determined it no longer warrants being blocked so we've removed it from our database.

Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.

• TeMerc locked this topic