jimheard

Possible false positive with FastStone Image Viewer

MWB is reporting that FSViewer.exe is malware.  This is the program file for FastStone Image Viewer, which I have used for several years without incident, and I have not updated it recently.  I believe this may be a false positive, but will leave it in quarantine until I hear from you that it's OK.

How?  It will not allow me to attach a file with .exe extension.

Just wanted to report another instance of this. I've had FastStone Image Viewer installed on my PC for years without issue until Malwarebytes flagged it today. I'm guessing there was a definition update that might have caused this? I haven't updated FastStone recently either.

I also am not sure whether it's necessary to attach a file considering FastStone Image Viewer is a legit program that, to the best of my knowledge, isn't known for carrying malware in all the years it's been available. This is most likely an issue on Malwarebytes' end.

Posted (edited)

You have to zip the file to attach it here. We need the file to add it to our whitelist system. I have no idea which version of the file is being detected without it. Also without a scan log i have no idea what is hitting it in our multilayered engine. I downloaded the latest version from the website and there are 0 hits here. So file and scan log would be the only way for me to figure it out and fix it as the latest version isnt detected on this end. 

Edited by shadowwar

I use FastStone v7.4 and Malwarebytes Premium 4.1.0.56 on Windows 10 v1909.  No issues noted when starting FastStone.

It should be fixed now, thanks for reporting.