RyanDe

Following on, possible malware?

Following on from a previous topic, they suggest I may have some other issues, possibly malware.

Attached are the logs.

This is the previous thread:

Hello RyanDe and welcome to Malwarebytes,

The is no evidence of malware or infection in your logs, what issues do you currently have? what do you believe is wrong with your system. Windows OS is out of date and will need correcting when you have time.. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027667/windows-10-update

Platform: Windows 10 Home Version 1709 16299.125 (X64) Language: English (United Kingdom)

There is also an error against Licence Activation

Description: License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code:
hr=0xC004E028

That error indicates you maybe trying to manually activate windows when auto activation is already in place...

Thank you,

Kevin..

Brilliant!

I ran the windows update troubleshooter as no updates were showing and i got this error which I have now fixed:

"potential windows update database error detected"

I will update windows and try again.

The issue I am having is I cannot connect to the malwarebytes license network but it's a completely fresh install on a new SSD

Will update when all these updates are now finished.

Hiya RyanDe,

Yes please let me know when all windows updates are complete, then we`ll have a look at the licence issue with Malwarebytes...

Thanks,

Kevin..

MASSIVE THANKS! 

All fixed and working.

So what it was, was simply the windows updates. I had installed a really old ISO so it turns out (Only one i had downloaded and set up on a USB)

Windows updater didn't like updating either so what I had to do was install windows media creation tool from Microsoft which in a one bam install will update an old ISO install of wndows 10.

Will update my other topic aswell so anyone else that gets this issue will know what to do.

Hello RyanDe,

Good to hear your system is back to normal for you. Maybe a system recovery drive is an option to think about for future reference:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4200-create-recovery-drive-windows-10-a.html

Or maybe a better option is a hidden recovery partition and and a backup option:

Not sure if you`ve heard of software by AOMEI, I use the pro versions. One of two freeware versions I recommend for you is Aomei One Key Recovery, the free version is more than adequate. Its a fully automated service that creates its own hidden Recovery Partition that is available at Boot. The partition holds a full image backup of your C:\ Drive, so if you have major problems you can revert back to that image by selecting the chosen key at boot.

https://www.aomeitech.com/onekey-recovery.html

The second one is Aomei Backupper Standard, again free version is more than adequate for you. Make sure to read up on these programs at Manf Website before installing and using...

https://www.aomeitech.com/ab/standard.html

Regards,

Kevin...

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you