Web pages not loading - Resolving host issues - Real time protection OFF

Hi, I had been having awful trouble for a while with webpages not loading "resolving host" issues, in multiple browsers.
I thought it was chrome so I changed to the new Edge chromium

After searching for answers I came across a number of people having the same problem and the cause seemed to be Malware bytes and mainly real-time protection.

I turned real time protection off, and have now run for two weeks with a 99% improvement, I wondered if you could check for me.
Last week I collected the log reports to upload here (attached)

I think I also had trouble when running the free version though, Im not sure

I wondered if you could confirm this and what to do about it, I paid for a premium subscription on 3rd april 2020 but was running free version before
Many thanks for any help

mbst-grab-results.zip

Hi Mattock.

I regret the trouble you have encountered.  The first thing I would suggest is a brand new clean uninstall >> re-install using the Support tool.

Then after that, at most,  and for the time being, just turn off the ransomware protection  & see how it goes.   If still some issue re-appears with a web browser where it has a severe stall out,  then turn off the web protection.

Let's perform a clean re-installation of the latest Malwarebytes for Windows version using the Malwarebytes Support Tool. This is designed to automate the clean uninstallation of our products, along with installation and activation of Malwarebytes for Windows Premium (if applicable). 
This pc currently has Component 1.0.931

I would like to see it be on the latest component 1.0.955 

Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST) Clean Reinstall 

• Open your Downloads folder. 

image.png   Right-click   mb-support-1.6.1.784  & select Run as administrator    to start the tool   & reply YES to allow to go forward. 

• When prompted by Windows, reply YES to allow the tool to go forward. 

• You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!". 

• Click the Advanced Options link. This is important. Please ensure Advanced Options is clicked. 

• Click the Clean button followed by Yes to proceed. 

• Upon completion, click OK to reboot your computer. 

• After the reboot, please wait for the program to reopen. 

• You will be presented with the option to install Malwarebytes for Windows. Click Yes. 

• Installation of Malwarebytes for Windows will commence shortly after. 

• Upon completion, Malwarebytes for Windows will automatically open. 

• Note: If installation of Malwarebytes for Windows does not commence, please let me know. 

Then, when all is done, please lets do one final Windows Restart. 

If you encounter any issues during the running of the tool, please let me know. 

Hello.

A new program version along with a new Component package for Malwarebytes for Windows was just announced on June 30th 2020.

Please be sure that you see the announcement

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257102-malwarebytes-41/?do=findComment&comment=1391173

The latest MB version  is    4.1.2.73    with Component   1.0.972 

image.png.9d784ea94e56eb77eb84f27fd353207b.png

I"m not exactly sure why all of my original posts were deleted on this thread. I had several posts and most of them were with Exile360. Every single one is gone now. It's possible because I mentioned that removing malwarebytes solved the problem with the resolving host issue??? I have since re-installed malwarebytes, turned off ransomware protection and I still had the resolving host issue. So having both web protection and ransomware protection turned off does not solve the resolving host issue.

Right now it took me about 2 minutes before this web page opened. I'm going to install the new updated version mentioned above, but if this doesn't solve the issue, I'm going to remove this program. To be honest, I'm a little aggravated now that you just decided to delete me since I'm at least trying to go through a few of the recommended steps to see what may be causing the issue. Nice way to try and hide the problem with your software.

36 minutes ago, thompssp said:

I"m not exactly sure why all of my original posts were deleted on this thread. I had several posts and most of them were with Exile360. Every single one is gone now.

They are not gone. This is what happens when more than one poster jumps in to a topic with me too type posts.

Your original topic is here.

Maurice...I will need to keep an eye on it and see how things go. Usually once I boot up or restart, the pages will load normally. After a bit, I start getting the resolving host issue so I need to open Chrome over the next few days to see how things work. If I don't receive any host issues, then I will assume that it was fixed. I will let you know.

Porthos...Thanks. I wasn't aware that I was shipped off to another topic. I wasn't receving notifications for the new topic and it wasn't shown as one that I was following. This topic was the only one I was still receiving email notifications for.  Either way, I'm trying out the new software update to see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

You can go to the topic-thread-link that Porthos cited.   and on that page, on the top right,  click on the Follow button on top of topic.

If you encounter some issue, and if you want our help, we will need a report from you from the Malwarebytes Support tool.

What we are trying to encourage folks to do, is to have their own separate Topic so that we do not get all twisted, lost, or lose focus due to having multiple people all on the same Topic.

That gets confusing all too quickly, in so many ways.   Keep in mind that not all computer installations are the same.

Not all problems have the very same source issue.   The last person I helped, for example, needed a special custom repair for the program.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the long delay in replying.   I just left it off for a while as my internet was running well without Real time protection.

So I just completely removed malwarebytes with the tool suggested which made my computer hang on restart, .. but I forced shut down and installed the new version and after a day it seems ok, I will keep testing and report back.

Hopefully this update has fixed the resolving host issue

Thanks

Hi.   Thanks for the status update.

You should also elect to get on the Beta, especially since it has tweaks that can help out on Windows restart  ( under certain conditions )

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257042-malwarebytes-41-beta/?do=findComment&comment=1394883

Fixed: Scheduled scan start immediately after sleep/hibernation/restart if scan time was missed

In Malwarebytes, click the Settings  ( gear) icon,  >> then look on the General tab.

Scroll down.   and click the "Beta updates"  to on   ( far right)

Then scroll back up and click on "Check for Updates".

then allow the update to proceed & follow prompts.     The very latest beta Component is 1.0.988

Once the  program is on the Beta it will get automatic updates, as they are available.