cant install malwarebytes windows

Hi,      :welcome:
My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.
Let me know what first name you prefer to go by.

Please follow my directions as we go along.  Please do not do any changes on your own without first checking with me. 
If you will be away for more than 3 consecutive days,  do try to let me know ahead of time, as much as possible. 

Please only just attach   all report files, etc  that I ask for as we go along.

Please let me know:   Is this the first time you have tried to install Malwarebytes for Windows on this machine ?

and

Has this machine ever have some third-party antivirus, like McAfee, Norton, Avast, AVG or any other 3rd party antivirus ?

Please be very very sure you are not trying to install Malwarebytes to any drive that is not the one where Windows resides.

It seems to me that somehow the D drive was the one where the Malwarebytes installer landed.

Malwarebytes for Windows needs to be installed on the C drive,  where Windows is installed.

The other thing I notice is that your Windows "User" folders are on the D drive.

I have a custom cleanup for you, plus we will do additional cleanup ......before trying a new Install.

Please have lots of patience.

[    1     ]

This is a custom script cleanup.

This custom script is for  Vicerice  only / for this machine only.

Close and save any open work files before starting this procedure. 

I am sending a  new  custom Fix script which is going to be used by the FRST64 tool. They will both work together as a pair.

Please RIGHT-click the (attached file named) FIXLIST and select SAVE  link AS and save it directly ( as is) to the  

C:\Users\Oliver\AppData\Local\Temp\mwb7CD2.tmp  folder

The tool named FRST64.exe   tool    is already on that folder
Start the Windows Explorer and then, to that folder

RIGHT click on  FRST64    and select RUN as Administrator and allow it to proceed.  Reply YES when prompted to allow to run.
  to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
IF Windows prompts you about running this, select YES to allow it to proceed.

IF you get a block message from Windows about this tool......
click line More info information on that screen
and click button Run anyway on next screen.

on the FRSTENGLISH window:
Click the Fix button just once, and wait.

frst-fix.jpg.f6a25291b39a03d418acc9a3b7136900.jpg

PLEASE have lots and lots of patience when this starts. You will see a green progress bar start. Lots of patience. This run here should be fairly quick.
If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.
The tool will complete its run after restart.
When finished, the tool will make a log ( Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run.

Please attach the FIXLOG.txt with your next reply later, at your next opportunity   

Please keep going down this next list.

[     2     ]

Malwarebytes Support Tool (MBST)     image.png.95c51d03741c8301e8e7152fcfa540ca.png

I would like for you to do a new Download of the tool  & to be very sure you SAVE it to your system.

•  

   Right-click   mb-support-1.6.1.784  & select Run as administrator    to start the tool   & reply YES to allow to go forward. 

• When prompted by Windows, reply YES to allow the tool to go forward. 

• You will be presented with a page stating, "Welcome to the Malwarebytes Support Tool!". 

• Click the Advanced Options link. This is important. Please ensure Advanced Options is clicked. 

• Click the Clean button followed by Yes to proceed. 

• Upon completion, click OK to reboot your computer. 

• After the reboot, please wait for the program to reopen. 

• You will be presented with the option to install Malwarebytes for Windows. Click  NO

Let me know when this all has been done.   We will do more later.

Fixlist.txt

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks