Freckles

Microsoft Edge Question

Microsoft Edge Updated to a new version and one of the pre selected questions it had was did I want Microsoft to know my browsing

so it could better know what i like to see on news etc etc

It said if I picked no that some things might not work right or be canceled or something bad

But, I got the feeling it might be like someone standing behind you watching over your shoulder

And with the WOKE culture we have now that might have a someone not liking it if you like fox news for example ?

So, will it be bad ? Or a good thing ?

Should I have that setting On or Off ?

Greetings,

I'm not a fan of being tracked online by any companies or anyone else as I value my privacy and you'll find that most of us around here feel the same way.  In fact, if you haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend Malwarebytes Browser Guard which is available for Chromium based browsers (including the new MS Edge Chromium browser) as well as Mozilla Firefox.  It blocks malicious sites, many ads, trackers and other unwanted and potentially harmful online content.  It also works well alongside the Web Protection in Malwarebytes Premium and the two complement each other well.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we might help with please let us know.

Thanks