Malware Browser Guard

PAPetit

I apologize that I am not an expert so my question may seem very basic.  Is Malware Browser Guard sufficient to protect me from unwanted ads and "online spying"?  I use Firefox as my browser and have Malware Browser Guard installed as an extension.  I also have Ghostery, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials and Adblock Plus installed as extensions.  Do I need all of those programs running in Firefox?  I suspect that I have a duplication of effort / redundancy that is slowing / impeding the performance of Firefox.

Thank you,

Phil Petit

Greetings,

While Malwarebytes Browser Guard does block many ads and trackers along with the malicious content that it blocks, it's not really a comprehensive ad blocker so I would definitely recommend using an additional extension such as uBlock Origin or as you mentioned, Adblock Plus.  While there is no doubt some overlap occasionally in what your extensions may block, it's still a good idea to use a layered approach to security.  This is also why we recommend adding Malwarebytes Browser Guard for users of Malwarebytes Premium since MBG adds further blocking in addition to the Web Protection provided by Malwarebytes Premium.

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit.

If there is anything else we might help with please let us know.

Thanks