no notification for others on account if Malwarebytes lapses!

It occurred to me that if one's Malwarebytes for Mac's subscription lapsed (say, if something happened to the primary person on the account), would others on the account be notified so that they could protect their computers and get their own subscription? I contacted support, and they said no -- Malwarebytes would send an email only "to the address with which it is purchased."

I'd like to suggest that this is unsafe for others on the account, and to submit a feature request that emails and/or notifications be sent to everyone on the account if their subscription is in danger of lapsing.

Thank you.

Unfortunately there is no way to know who else might be on an account and who a device might belong to.  It is standard practice for all subscription services (including mobile phone plans where a family and others may all be on the same account) that only the actual individual responsible for purchasing and paying for the subscription is billed for the subscription unless it is transferred (such as transferring a license to another person) if transferring the license/subscription is allowed (not all providers allow transfers; sometimes the subscription/license is non-transferable depending on the terms of the purchase agreement/license agreement).

That said, the other users running the software under the multi-device subscription will be notified when it is going to expire, and since I would expect family members to be aware of any problems, deaths or any other reasons that might prevent an account holder from continuing their subscription long before any company (including Malwarebytes; particularly since they do not monitor/track their customers and users) would be aware of the situation.  Once the software is expired the users running the software will be notified that they are no longer protected, and if there is an issue which prevents the subscription/account holder from renewing it, they may acquire their own subscriptions or purchase another multi-device subscription through another family member if they wish to continue using a multi-device subscription.

Edited by exile360

I'll just ad that there are steps that can be taken to transfer "digital rights" to the estate of a decedent, so that access to their email account would then be possible. 

12 minutes ago, alvarnell said:

I'll just ad that there are steps that can be taken to transfer "digital rights" to the estate of a decedent, so that access to their email account would then be possible. 

I wasn't aware of this, but it makes sense.  I don't know if all email providers allow for it, but I don't see why they wouldn't as long as the original account holder authorizes it.  Obviously that does not apply to credit cards and the like though, however there can be more than one individual on a single credit card account and/or bank account, though I believe PayPal is specific to an individual (though it too may be transferable if it works the same way that emails do according to the info you posted).