Sign in to follow this  
StephenK

Problem with Chrome/Malwarebytes

21 hours ago, aquarius62 said:

I've been dealing with the same issue, finally pinpointed it down to a custom scheduled scan.  It seems like after the scan is done running, I can't open any sites and get the dreaded "resolving host" or "waiting" as I try to load a page.  

6 hours ago, aquarius62 said:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'd also like to add that it affects all browsers on the machine and goes away after a restart.  When I do the custom scheduled scan, it's just of the drive the OS is on.  Not sure why a scan would interfere with my internet connection like this but it does. 

I have had exactly the same issue.  I used to have a scan scheduled for early in the morning so it would always run on start-up and always had caused the resolving host issue and slow internet.  After reset, speeds are fine again.  

23 minutes ago, aquarius62 said:

Did you find a fix for your issue or did you just turn off the scheduled scan?

I've turned it off until there's a fix.  Not ideal, but it was driving me crazy.

15 hours ago, StephenK said:

I used to have a scan scheduled for early in the morning so it would always run on start-up and always had caused the resolving host issue and slow internet.  

Having the scheduled scan at startup has not been recommended by me for a very long time.  Windows needs to be all settled in ( fully settled) before having the run.  I would suggest you find some later set time in the morning for the scheduled scan.  This is something I suggest regardless of the program version.

The other thing one is curious about is whether any of the recent scans had identified & tagged items for cleanup.

Hello.

A new program version along with a new Component package for Malwarebytes for Windows was just announced on June 30th 2020.

Please be sure that you see the announcement

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/257102-malwarebytes-41/?do=findComment&comment=1391173

The latest MB version  is    4.1.2.73    with Component   1.0.972 

image.png.9d784ea94e56eb77eb84f27fd353207b.png

I encourage you to have this latest update.  I believe it should alleviate the main issue you had encountered.

Sincerely.