Trojan.Clipper? sgtmc

sgtmcbrinn

My Malwarebytes also came back with a scan showing Trojan.clipper:

Registry Key: 1
Trojan.Clipper, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\{ac0384b9-75e3-4427-ab61-e59c3fa119a2}, No Action By User, 8816, 830544, , , , 

File: 1
Trojan.Clipper, C:\PROGRAMDATA\PACKAGE CACHE\{AC0384B9-75E3-4427-AB61-E59C3FA119A2}\INTEL-DRIVER-AND-SUPPORT-ASSISTANT-INSTALLER.EXE, No Action By User, 8816, 830544, 1.0.25380, , ame, 

Our result both flagged the Intel Driver support assistant so is this a false positive?

Hi, 

My name is Maurice. I will be helping and guiding you, going forward on this case.

Let me know what first name you prefer to go by.

Thanks for the report file.    Please allow me a few minutes to make a further reply.

For all other readers,  please have your own separate Topic.   This Topic belongs to sgtmcbrinn  only

We do not do group  type participation in this sub-forum

Lets first start by having Windows show all files and folders.

Dot not let the details or number of lines below spook you, please. It is all do-able and needed. 
Just take your time. 

Windows File Explorer needs to be  set to  show  ALL   folders, all system files,  etc  including hidden files / folders 

Open Windows File Explorer. 

• Select View   from its top menu bar  >   click Options  on the icon at the far right-side > Change folder and search options   ( from the drop down ). 

• on the next multi-tab mini-window 

• Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings 

• select Show hidden files, folders, and drives 

• and OK. 

Next

Can you please go to Virustotal website  ( which is a site that many security companies use to upload and check files for potential malware.  The site uses multiple search engines from several companies).

Go to the link https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

You will see Choose file button.   Click that as a first step.   You will then see a dialog grid from Windows.

On the white "File name" box  copy and paste in

C:\PROGRAMDATA\PACKAGE CACHE\{AC0384B9-75E3-4427-AB61-E59C3FA119A2}\INTEL-DRIVER-AND-SUPPORT-ASSISTANT-INSTALLER.EXE

then click Open button.  It should then Upload a copy of that file.  That file will be analyzed.

Watch the progress.  It should take a short while.

After it has all completed, it will show a completed results page.

Please provide the link address to that results page on your next reply.