Is Malwarebytes enough? Or do I need AV as well

The bootable rescue CD from Dr.Web and Avira also work well in my experience.

Yes, bootable CD's are great. I love to use my own BartPE disk when I'm sitting in front of an infected computer, but tools like ComboFix and MBAM just make it so much easier these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just wondered - we're Avast resellers and love the general all-round protection it gives us. But we use Malwarebytes free as it does seem to detect some of the stuff that Avast doesn't. My question is: If we buy the paid-for version of Malwarebytes, does that offer us all the protection of an antivirus too? Do we need both? or should we dispense with all AV programs and just use malwarebytes?

I can't seem to find anywhere on your site where it describes how malwarebytes is "positioned" as it were.

Thanks

Anthony

MBAM is only an antimalware. It does not protect against viruses like an Antivirus does. Email protection, enhanced firewall, heuristics, and Browser Protection are thing MBAM don't have. I recommend getting yourself an antivirus product. Besides it is mandatory. MBAM is like a special trooper while the Antivirus is the Leader and commando of the squad. I recommend Kaspersky because it is very good and praised. Norton 360 is also a good choice because it offers optimization however be aware that Norton products are hard to get rid off. I recommend you keep MBAM and add an antivirus to the battle field. MBAM has definitions beyond the traditional antivirus. :( I am currently using Norton 2010, AVG, and MBAM! Windows Defender is useless, don't rely on it.

MBAM is only an antimalware. It does not protect against viruses like an Antivirus does. Email protection, enhanced firewall, heuristics, and Browser Protection are thing MBAM don't have. I recommend getting yourself an antivirus product. Besides it is mandatory. MBAM is like a special trooper while the Antivirus is the Leader and commando of the squad. I recommend Kaspersky because it is very good and praised. Norton 360 is also a good choice because it offers optimization however be aware that Norton products are hard to get rid off. I recommend you keep MBAM and add an antivirus to the battle field. MBAM has definitions beyond the traditional antivirus. :( I am currently using Norton 2010, AVG, and MBAM! Windows Defender is useless, don't rely on it.

Don'T FORGET AVAST!!! IT IS AWESOME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!