Update to version 4.1.1.71 - CU 1.0.927

cool57

To Cool57.

Sorry to see your issue.  Kindly know there is a dedicated special area to report issues on the Beta program.   Make a new Topic in that section

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/251-malwarebytes-4x-beta/

Provide there the details of your situation , AND, attach there a copy of a Support tool report file 

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039023453-Upload-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool-logs-offline

The special sub-forum is monitored & answered by developers & staff.

Olá.
Versão Beta 4.1.1.71  package 1.0.25254  componente package 1.0.946

Since the 2004 update of Windows 10 I have been having problems with Malwarebytes .... so in the main forum I opened a topic, collected and uploaded several logs and gave me several instructions in order to solve the problem.

Also, by advise, i ugrade do the Malwarebytes last Beta above.
All with no sucess... but I found that when Brownser (and other applications freezes) I just have to disable protection against Ramsonware.

This happens like this:

Brownsers (Google Chrome) freezes .... I turn off the Ramsonware protection and a Malwarebytes popup window appears saying that protection is stopped.
So ... i wait about 20 seconds ....and the same popup window appears again and after that.... everything works fine ... until the next block.

I no longer know what to do, but the problem affects several users with the same problem sarting with 2004 Windows 10 update.
I was advised to do a topic here.
Thank you!

36 minutes ago, cool57 said:

I no longer know what to do, but the problem affects several users with the same problem sarting with 2004 Windows 10 update.
I was advised to do a topic here.

You have an unfinished topic in the Malware removal section. Please continue there.

Just now, AdvancedSetup said:

Possibly going back to the CU1 might help

@cool57

You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled.
You can download this from here: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/z6cravnwptrzx5tyjw36jq6zt6c7apsx

Once installed, you will need to disable the two update options found in Settings -> General -> Application updates to prevent the product from updating back to the affected version.

I suggest using the following clean install guide.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install. Say no and use the download from my above link and install the old version and disable the update before you do anything else.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.

"You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled."

@Porthos:

My issue is not about Web Protection.....its about Ramsonware Protection...has you can read im my post above.

Its Ramsonware Protection who causes me the freezes since the 2004 Update.

Its start as exact same time has the 2004 update was installed.

Thanks for the tip  to revert to a earlier component package version....but in that case i prefered disable Ramsonware Protection in my version (last Beta).

19 minutes ago, cool57 said:

"You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled."

@Porthos:

My issue is not about Web Protection.....its about Ramsonware Protection...has you can read im my post above.

Its Ramsonware Protection who causes me the freezes since the 2004 Update.

Its start as exact same time has the 2004 update was installed.

Thanks for the tip  to revert to a earlier component package version....but in that case i prefered disable Ramsonware Protection in my version (last Beta).

The older version takes care of all of the issues that have developed. Not just Web Protection. Sorry I did not make that clear.

The above being said, If it is ransomware protection that is the only issue, then I would stick where you are with it being off. I have had ransomware off for my own reasons quite a while now.

The Ransomware Protection component is the least proactive in Malwarebytes because it relies entirely on active application behavior in memory to make detection's, meaning your system would first need to actually be infected by a live ransomware threat for Ransomware Protection to detect anything.  This is extremely unlikely since you still have the other more proactive components active which should prevent any infection from infiltrating your system in the first place, including ransomware. 

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected typo