marciam12

Have trojan. Getting new computer. don't want to transfer trojan.

Yes, card cancelled, financial institution notified, had to wait 3 weeks on new card, spent hours on phone, no evidence of misbehavior from the trojan or whatever he/it is. going to run that scan now. I fell asleep at the computer last night.

Good morning, Marcia.

A scan with Malwarebytes for Windows takes just a few minutes.

When you get the chance,  attach a copy of the last scan run.

locate the Scan run report;  export out a copy;  & then attach in with your  reply.

See https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038479194-View-Reports-and-History-in-Malwarebytes-for-Windows-v4

Thank you.

Ran your scan last night.
%SYSTEMROOT%\debug\msert.log.   is where the results are. It refused to open for me. I am so sorry I'm not easier to work with. Thanks.

That is for the Safety Scanner from Microsoft.

You should be able to open that log file by using NOTEPAD

Did you happen to see or notice the bottom line result after that scan finished  ?

Anyhow,  I am going to list out how just "attach"  that file into your next reply to this.

The file we are after is this

C:\windows\debug\msert.log

That is the file I would appreciate that you attach into your reply.

• To upload attachments please click the link as shown below. Then browse to where your file is located and select it and click the Open button.

_mb_attach.jpg

Then when ready  ( and you see the file is attached at the bottom)  and you have all your response text typed & ready - to - go  then press the button "Submit Reply"  at the bottom.

Since I could never open that file last night, I'm re-scanning my computer now. It's slow. I had to work this morning, sorry to get started so late. I'll be in touch as soon as it finishes the scan. Thank you for your patience.

"The scan completed successfully, and no viruses, spyware, or potentially unwanted spyware were detected."

There is no link or anything else, just that sentence. So I must be all good, thanks to you!

1 minute ago, marciam12 said:

Since I could never open that file last night, I'm re-scanning my computer now. It's slow. I had to work this morning, sorry to get started so late. I'll be in touch as soon as it finishes the scan. Thank you for your patience.

"The scan completed successfully, and no viruses, spyware, or potentially unwanted spyware were detected."

There is no link or anything else, just that sentence. So I must be all good, thanks to you!

There is no system root link as in your example. I don't know if this is good or bad!

The file we are after is this

C:\windows\debug\msert.log

I am very sorry, but I can't transfer that file here the way you told me to do it. The file is C:\windows\debug\msert.log     and I have it in Notepad, but I can't attach it in the little box. I'm trying.

When you are navigating the "dialog"  to attach the file

all  that you need do is

point it to the C drive

then to the Windows folder

then to the debug sub-foler

then to the  msert.log 

If that is still all too hard,  lets just forget that.   I think you said that that scan found  Nothing.

The file you attached is not the one.

Hi.   It's been several days since my last replies.   I think we need to close this.  On your old machine you have managed to save your files.

Yes, I've been really busy, sorry I have not been in touch. Everything is working right, thanks to you. I appreciate your help so much. No problems here. Please do go ahead and close this case.

thanks,

Marcia Hatman

p.s. You get eleven stars from me.

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you