Malwarebyte and Windows Defender

Lets please go real slow.   That is important;  so we do not jump around.

The goal here on this pc is to have the protections of both Windows Defender antivirus and Malwarebytes for Windows.

Look again real close on MSCONFIG.   The services I mentioned before need to be Enabled.   and I can see from your screen shot above,  they are on.

Windows Defender Advance Threat Protection is also a component of Windows Defender.     It is included.   No charge involved.

What   I would like from you is a reminder /  a summary of what the issue is now on this machine.

I also would like for you to do a visual check in Windows'  Settings to look visually on  Windows Defender.

From the Start menu, select Settings, then select Update and Security.

Next, look at the left-side menu & select Windows Security

image.png.c0fc4618bb9ff8cb62f7580b82c9d70a.png

Next, In Windows Security section:  Click on the grey button Open Windows Security

image.png.4e08764df666f670b3f033efece8ed22.png

Now, click on the shield Virus and threat protection

By the way, when you see a green check-mark on your display, it means a good status  and that  protection is on.

image.png.d0732efdb926c86d502facc10bcf892a.png

On the next display,  look at all the options.   Look down the list and see "Check for Updates" which I have highlighted with a blue icon.

You can click on that to have the system check for updates for Windows Defender.

image.png.13296d7601d9483f91dc30d046a0abdb.png

Edited by Maurice Naggar
added image

the issues is:

if I set the switch in malwarebbyte under security at registered Windows Defender, then the error message will be displayed in the event log

Fehler beim Aktualisieren des -Status auf SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.

and Malwarebyte is not registered in Windows Defender and it appears as or the image above

I would like for you to NOT  "register"   Malwarebytes.   See how that selection is OFF   with the button all the way to the left side.    =  OFF

The real-time Premium protections of Malwarebytes will still be on.   Windows Defender is already on & Defender looks in good state.

image.png.1294dedcd360caf1ebb08bb848b57213.png

The switch is off for me. And I can leave it that way. I wanted to test that. And in an earlier version of Malwarebyte, it worked. Malware byte was then displayed in the Windows Security Center. But if you set the switch to On now with the new version, it won't work anymore.

The Security Center "register"  is not needed, as I have said.   AND  that option has changed between Version 3  and different now in Version 4 , where there is only a binary choice.

You will do fine with things as they are now.

What else is going on now, if anything else, that you need help with ?