You are correct. It's second hand. I was really worried that from taking this second hand merch that someone had installed an unwanted program on here. I am aware Win10 is available. I don't really care for getting a newer windows version, honestly. If it helps, cool. This is the first time I've used a laptop extensively since 2010, I believe. I love the old Win7 server edition or - I think the 2001 server? 

No problem. Just wanted to check and make sure and yes, there is always the possibility that someone could have installed some type of malware to monitor but one of our scans should have picked up an issue if they had.

Go ahead and run the other scans again and post back those logs please.

Here ya go.

You're correct. It's a second hand purchase. Installed the 13th, May. I do know that there's a free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8. I haven't opened a personal computer in a long time. It's just recently that I started using a computer at home bc I'm working from home. Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade my RAM and to Win10 very soon...

AdwCleaner[S01].txt Addition.txt

Malwarebytes isn't creating a new file because there isn't anything to create. (I guess). It's not giving me the option to export anything as well. The only thing I can attach that has relevance is the file I had submitted previously.

NewMalwareB1.txt

Please restart the computer. Then open Malwarebytes again and run a normal Threat scan and it should create a new log.

On 6/2/2020 at 8:39 PM, EmnJoey said:

Hopefully these had been over written. I uninstalled Google Chrome all together and went with Firefox. Whilst uninstalling Chrome, I didn't press the delete bookmarks ticker. Thanks for taking the time for me here.

As you can see in the logs. Google Chrome is not actually gone and the files, folders are very much still intact. You should be able to import the bookmarks from Chrome into Firefox if wanted. Otherwise I'd look at removing all files, folders for Chrome.

You also did not tell Malwarebytes to remove what it found in the scan. It says "no action taken"

Aside from that the computer appears to be in pretty good shape now concerning removal of unwanted programs, invalid file or registry entries etc.

How is the computer running now?

I was waiting on your response to take action against the Chrome files. I'll handle that after I log out of work.

The computer is running great. Faster than ever, actually. After the update you had provided, it was so slow that I had to let it sit. Hours later, I logged back into it and wallah. Instantaneous loading for every file, FF page and it also restarts in 20-45 seconds without hesitation. Will definitely be more careful next time.

Sounds good. I will go ahead then and close your topic soon unless there is something else you'd like assistance with. The closing speech will have a link on ways to protect your data and privacy. I'd suggest that you bookmark it and read and watch some of the videos as you have time.

Take care and stay safe out there

Above and beyond my expectations, my new friend. I have no words to decribe how grateful I am to you and your help for me. I am going to recomend you and this program to everyone I meet. Thank you so very much............ 

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you