Posted (edited)

I have a desktop (Dell XPS 8930 SE, purchased last October) and a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop that I received Friday past.  The 2004 version update has not yet been offered for the desktop, but it appeared on Saturday for the new laptop, so I let it update to 2004.  There were immediate stability issues after the install and Bitdefender was having difficulties loading after reboots, but would eventually get itself, and its services, going after about five minutes.  I should note that I did not do any cloning or restores to dissimilar hardware; all of the programs on the laptop, including Bitdefender and Malwarebytes Premium, were cleanly installed from scratch, after I had removed all of the Dell bloatware.

Thanks to the information here in this Forum, I suspected that Malwarebytes Premium might be the issue, so I did enable beta updates, and the laptop updated to the beta version.  There were still issues with Bitdefender loading (all exemptions added to both MBAM and BDTS as recommended here) but the stability issues were mostly resolved, so I went into the MBAM settings and disabled self-protection, and set a 120-second delay to start MBAM, which I thought would be enough time to allow Bitdefender to load normally, ahead of MBAM starting.

All is now working fine on the new laptop, including Bitdefender and Malwarebytes.  I just wanted to share my experience in case it might help others, since the posts here greatly assisted me to rectify the issues, without going down into many "rabbit holes" in the process of trying to identify what was causing problems for the new laptop.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

PS: Forgot to add that Fast Startup is ALWAYS disabled on my computers.

Edited by garioch7
Add postscript

@AdvancedSetup:

My pleasure, Ron.  As I said, the feedback here saved me a lot of time and grief trying to determine what was causing issues on the new laptop.  I did also have the Ransomware protection module disabled as well, but I re-enabled that yesterday, and the new laptop still seems to be working fine.  I will monitor that because I have read reports here that the ransomware module can cause issues with certain software configurations.  If I find substantive evidence that the ransomware protection module is causing any issues, I will report back and be prepared to provide the requested logs.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

I'm going to close this topic so that others don't post unrelated information.

If you are having an issue please create your own new topic. Replying with "me too" to an already open topic will rarely get you information specifically related to your own system.

Please note that we have released a new beta today that we hope should address the issue with Windows 10 build 2004

If you're running Windows 10 build 2004 and were having an issue please try the new beta and let us know if this beta version corrects the issue or not.

Thank you