Where can I find more info on PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN

Hi,

There is something in my Chrome profile that Malwarebytes is not liking.
I am fairly certain that its in my profile since I am getting the same detections even after a fresh install of windows.
I have read the Blog about PUP's (https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/pup-optional/)  But i Can't find any info on this specific PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN

So I am looking for more info about PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN specifically and what caused it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\USERS\User\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\USERS\User\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\USERS\User\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\USERS\User\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Default\Web Data
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\USERS\User\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Profile 1\Sync Data\LevelDB
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\USERS\User\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Profile 1\Sync Data\LevelDB
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\USERS\User\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Profile 2\Sync Data\LevelDB
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\USERS\User\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\Profile 2\Sync Data\LevelDB
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\000005.ldb
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\000018.ldb
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\000021.ldb
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\000023.log
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\000024.ldb
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\CURRENT
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\LOCK
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\LOG
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\LOG.old
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Data\LevelDB\MANIFEST-000001
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Sync Data\LevelDB\000004.log
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Sync Data\LevelDB\000005.ldb
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Sync Data\LevelDB\CURRENT
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Sync Data\LevelDB\LOCK
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Sync Data\LevelDB\LOG
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Sync Data\LevelDB\MANIFEST-000001
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Sync Data\LevelDB\000004.log
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Sync Data\LevelDB\000005.ldb
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Sync Data\LevelDB\CURRENT
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Sync Data\LevelDB\LOCK
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Sync Data\LevelDB\LOG
PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN     C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 2\Sync Data\LevelDB\MANIFEST-000001

Hey @AdvancedSetup

Thanks for taking the time to reply. What I am specifically looking for in this case is what PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN is.
What extension is causing this? I am unable to find the definition of PUP.Optional.IbbCo.PN and I am therefore unable to determine if the Potentially unwanted Program is indeed unwanted.

Cheers,

VonflaffenHausen

I think I found it. 
There was a search engine registered under "other search engines" in chrome://settings/searchEngines thats seemed to use a subdomain of ibb.com.
Besides that one, there were about 250 search enginges that got added by websites I visited over the last years is seems.

I I found the following solution on superuser.com to delete all the searchengines 

https://superuser.com/questions/1141135/google-chrome-remove-all-other-search-engines/1154955

Afterwards I ran a scan and no more hits showed.

Go to chrome://settings/searchEngines, hit F12 and paste this into the Console tab:

settings.SearchEnginesBrowserProxyImpl.prototype.getSearchEnginesList()
    .then(function(val) {
        val.others.sort(function(a, b) { return b.modelIndex - a.modelIndex; });
        val.others.forEach(function(engine) {
            settings.SearchEnginesBrowserProxyImpl.prototype.removeSearchEngine(engine.modelIndex);
        });
    });

Thanks!

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed live hyperlinks

• Root Admin

Great, glad you were able to resolve your issue.

We also have the following more detailed clean up of Google Chrome if needed.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258938-resetting-google-chrome-to-clear-unexpected-issues/

Changing to a different browser that does not seem to have these issues quite as bad would be an even better choice.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/258363-tips-to-help-protect-from-infection/

Cheers

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you