so we have a laptop with usb and floppy disc drive and we think some weird funky software is messing with video drivers

If you have already run Malwarebytes for Mac and it comes up clean, then we probably can't help you with this. I'm certainly not aware of any known malware that would be able to do what you describe, but if you can tell us what macOS you are running and describe what you are seeing in greater detail (with screenshots, if necessary) someone might have some ideas.

I don't know of any laptop which still supports Floppy Drive. Can you please share the version with me? 

I'm not sure that I understand your setup, as I don't believe that there has ever been a Mac laptop with both a built-in floppy drive and USB. Are you perhaps thinking of an optical drive (which takes CDs or DVDs, not floppy disks)?

I also don't understand the symptoms you're seeing. Can you describe the issue in more detail? Please be sure to describe symptoms rather than telling us what you think they mean... a clear description, unbiased by any interpretation, is important.