MalwareBytes 4.1 issues with Windows 10 2004

What's worse is that I had to uninstall MalwareBytes before I could even install version 2004 of Windows 10. Having MalwareBytes installed while trying to install Windows 10 version 2004 caused my system to BSOD during the installation which caused the system to roll itself back to 1909.

25 minutes ago, trparky said:

What's worse is that I had to uninstall MalwareBytes before I could even install version 2004 of Windows 10. Having MalwareBytes installed while trying to install Windows 10 version 2004 caused my system to BSOD during the installation which caused the system to roll itself back to 1909.

IF you would have exited Malwarebytes from the system tray before install you would have most likely been fine.

Was Malwarebytes the only security program other than Defender during your upgrade?

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Was Malwarebytes the only security program other than Defender during your upgrade?

Avast is installed as well.

4 minutes ago, trparky said:

Avast is installed as well.

I have not had an issue but Avast is not installed on any of the 36 systems I have upgraded so far.

All of my clients are on a Malwarebytes/ Defender combo only.

Avast had a prior history of messing up feature updates.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Avast had a prior history of messing up feature updates.

I had Avast installed and 2004 installed nicely. It was only MalwareBytes that caused issues.

6 minutes ago, trparky said:

I had Avast installed and 2004 installed nicely. It was only MalwareBytes that caused issues.

The combination of both possibly. But I will never be able to test. Would never use an Avast/AVG/CCleaner version ever since they are all the same owner. 

Edited by Porthos

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Please note that we have released a new beta today that we hope should address the issue with Windows 10 build 2004

If you're running Windows 10 build 2004 and were having an issue please try the new beta and let us know if this beta version corrects the issue or not.

Thank you