Malwarebytes 4.1 freeze wth Windows 10 2004

Well ... I had a problem that I had been struggling with since the 2004 Windows 10 update.
Random freezes and I came to the conclusion that if I had disabled Ramsoware Malwarebytes protection it would run smoothly.
But to solve the problem and have all the protections working, I upgraded to the Beta version of Malwarebytes ... but with no results, as the problem remained.
Until I deleted the ūüėĄ \ FRST folder .... and voil√° .... from there ... everything went back to normal and working perfectly.
Ramsonware protection turned on and the freezing problems disappeared.
I hope it can be useful to someone.

Ps- I hope I'm not doing the party too soon ... but I really think the problem is solved.

Best Regards!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

I mean...delete the C:\FRST folder.......(i dont know why the smile is there...)

Edited by AdvancedSetup
C colon alone or with a space makes an emoji - space was removed

Yes .... I did the party too soon.
After a day of running smoothly ... the freezing problems are back.

Can fix by disable Ramsonware protection.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, after 3 weeks the problem remains unresolved.
Malwarebytes freezes the pc unless Ramnsonware protection is disabled.
Some topics here suggest that the latest Beta update solves the problem, but in my case nothing does.
Furthermore, in the release notes of the latest Beta versions there is no reference to solving this problem, so any improvements that some users may have felt will not have to do with the new Beta versions.
It all started at the very moment of the 2004 Windows update.
I only have Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.
As the problem remains unsolved, open a ticket with a new log file.
It is bizarre that the problem remains unsolved after so long.
I am a paying Premium Version customer.
Thanks.

Hello.

Just to let you know that i made a clean install and reinstall with Malwarebytes for Windows Component 1.0.9.55.

The problem remains the same.

The Pc just dont freeze with the Ramsonware Protection Disable.

Just to not let this topic die because in my case it was not resolved.

Thanks!

Thank you for letting us know; I didn't expect the issue to be fixed in the beta since I saw no mention of it, but I was hopeful.  I hope that this issue is soon resolved.

Also, please be aware that when a common issue like this has been resolved a member of the staff will respond to all related topics to notify all users who reported the issue that a fixed build is available so even if there have been no updates from the staff in a while, rest assured they are keeping track of the issue and will reply here once a fix is available.

Thanks

Ok.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm gonna wait until a fix is released.

I just wanted to ensure that the problem was not forgotten because either the Beta version or the latest update package released yesterday did not solve the problem.

Thanks again!

You're welcome.  Yes, unfortunately some issues take more time and detective work to track down, but I'm confident that the Developers will get it fixed, hopefully soon.

Hello.
Just an update about this problem:
Today i updated to Malwarebytes Beta version 4.1.1.71 component  1.0.961, in the hope that it could solve the problem of random system freezing after the 2004 update of Windows 10.
After all, it had absolutely no impact on resolving this situation.
All the solutions proposed on various topics about this problem have not worked at all.
Malwarebytes only works without freezing the system if Anti-Ramsonware protection is turned off.
To the attention of the technical staff.

Thanks

For anyone still looking at Cool57's stuff, they mentioned the problem happened after their PC woke up from sleep. Today my first slowness occurred also when waking up from sleep. Just FYI if that helps focus the effort somewhere.

Hi, 

I am running Win 10 2004 and Malwarebytes premium on two PCs. Both have the same freezing issue. MWB is showing 30 - 50% CPU usage and having done some diagnostics, closing MWB seems to stop the freezing. Have not yet tried turning off various protections to find out which one causes the issues, have just quit the application to allow work to continue on the PCs. 

Is a fix in progress?

5 minutes ago, carvott said:

Have not yet tried turning off various protections to find out which one causes the issues, have just quit the application to allow work to continue on the PCs. 

I would just disable ransomware protection.

6 minutes ago, carvott said:

Is a fix in progress?

Of course.

But a fix is not possible until an actual cause is found and that is why we try to get users to start their own topic and provide the Support tool logs.

• 4 weeks later...

Please note that we have released a new beta today that we hope should address the issue with Windows 10 build 2004

If you're running Windows 10 build 2004 and were having an issue please try the new beta and let us know if this beta version corrects the issue or not.

Thank you

I can confirm all performance issues i had are now remedied with the latest beta build. Thanks to the support staff and also to users who sent in logs for their hard work in solving the problem.

+1 from me - the latest Beta appears to not only fixed the ransomware problem but has fixed severbal other problems which may have been due to the ‚Äėresolving host‚Äô issue.