SimonS

Online Account Compromised

Over a month ago I was browsing, safely, on Chrome when a notification from Chrome informed me an add-on was installed. I did not direct this add-on to be either downloaded or installed. I swiftly deleted it, ran AVG, and MalwareBytes and removed threats - none of which looked suspicious with exception to one item. After which, I used another computer to change my online accounts' information. Today, I noticed that someone breached one of my online accounts. While I recovered the account, I cannot discern with complete certainty how someone accessed my log-in details. I suspect that the malware from before is responsible and I want to be certain my computer is free from viruses. 

I scanned with both MalwareBytes and the recommended AdwCleaner and attached their scan reports.

AdwCleaner[C00].txt malwarebytes scan report.txt

Hello Simon S and welcome to Malwarebytes,

Continue please:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

When you`ve downloaded FRST64.exe, rename it to FRST64English.exe...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
    user posted image

• Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Thank you,

Kevin...

I am active, but unable to scan my computer right now. I may update this thread in the next 24 hours.

I received an email from a company I have an account with notifying me of a data breach. I have concluded that this is the source of my personal information leak and not a virus. As such, this case is resolved for now.

Thank you for your time Kevin.

Thanks for the update SimonS, good to hear you have found the root cause of the issue...

i`ll close out your thread..

Regards,

Kevin..

Since this issue is resolved the topic will now be closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need assistance please start your own new topic and someone will be happy to assist you.

Thanks