Hello,

I recently installed Malwarebytes Premium in April.  I decided tonight I wanted to add the VPN. I followed the instructions to my.malwarebytes.com but there was not a "Add Privacy Protection" option on my subscription page.  So I bought the VPN for 5 devices and assumed Malwarebytes would subtract the difference as it says on the website but the end result is I now have an additional Premium Account and License Key and instead of 5 Devices it is $59.99 for 3 Devices and still no VPN. Funny thing is now when I go to my subscriptions there is now an option to "Add Privacy Protection" and of course that will be another additional charge? Top it all off I a few suspicious emails one in my spam.  Very strange behavior on my home PC and phone as well. Malwarebytes on my phone shows apps that have not been updated since 2008?  And I'm constantly seeing some kind of Verizon stuff everywhere?? I don't even use Verizon services. There are so many things that have happened lately, I am just completely overwhelmed. Please if anyone can help I sure could use it.  Thank you. 

alreadyprem.jpg

devices.jpg

signin.jpg

vpn.jpg

2checkout.jpg

5999.jpg

malware bytes.jpg

spam.jpg

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes for Windows Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following:

Malwarebytes Support Tool - Advanced Options

This feature is designed for the following reasons:

• For use when you are on the forums and need to provide logs for assistance
  • For use when you don't need or want to create a ticket with Malwarebytes
  • For use when you want to perform local troubleshooting on your own

How to use the Advanced Options:

Spoiler
  1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  3. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  4. Navigate to the Advanced tab
  5. The Advanced menu page contains four categories:
    • Gather Logs: Collects troubleshooting information from the computer. As part of this process, Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) is run to perform a complete diagnosis. The information is saved to a file on the Desktop named mbst-grab-results.zip and can be added as an email attachment or uploaded to a forum post to assist with troubleshooting the issue at hand.
    • Clean: Performs an automated uninstallation of all Malwarebytes products installed to the computer and prompts to install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows afterwards. The Premium license key is backed up and reinstated. All user configurations and other data are removed. This process requires a reboot.
    •  Repair System: Includes various system-related repairs in case a Windows service is not functioning correctly that Malwarebytes for Windows is dependent on. It is not recommended to use any Repair System options unless instructed by a Malwarebytes Support agent.
    • Anonymously help the community by providing usage and threat statistics: Unchecking this option will prevent Malwarebytes Support Tool from sending anonymous telemetry data on usage of the program.
  6. To provide logs for review click the Gather Logs button
  7. Upon completion, click OK
  8. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop
  9. Please attach the file in your next reply.
  10. To uninstall all Malwarebytes Products, click the Clean button.
  11. Click the Yes button to proceed. 
  12. Save all your work and click OK when you are ready to reboot.
  13. After the reboot, you will have the option to re-install the latest version of Malwarebytes for Windows.
  14. Select Yes to install Malwarebytes.
  15. Malwarebytes for Windows will open once the installation completes successfully.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

06.png

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: Find my premium license key

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

Since you have a support ticket please wait on them. I will ask a staff member to check on your ticket.

@AdvancedSetup

Earlier I tried adding VPN to my Premium Acct and was suspiciously charged another Premium with new key, no VPN.  I was just tricked on the chat option.  I have literally been trying to chat with support all night but kept getting a notice that nobody available. I figured I would try again and suddenly almost instantly my chat opened and I was tricked into giving my original license key because the assistant apparently couldn't find another premium acct linked to my email address. She told me she could not add VPN to my Premium because I purchased in the store and that she could just charge me for VPN standalone.  I paid the same price 59.99 twice now and when I asked her for a support number and she said there is none. Then I asked to speak with a manager or something and she suddenly was gone chat closed. I then tried sending the transcript to email and got this saying connection lost.  So now this person has both my license keys, both emails that are associated with acct.  And I am screwed. I know now my system is totally compromised.

transcript.jpg

844 430 7548 is also I number I wrote down earlier but not legit.

Yes it is.  Frustrated as hell.  I have an audio controller I've never seen on the task bar too.  When I attempt to uninstall it from the start up menu it directs me to the Uninstall Program list but it's not there to uninstall.  So many things are just not looking correct.  I need help.  I've done a restore everything.  My malwarebytes on my phone is showing all kinds of apps with last update dates of 2008?  And many digital certificates are not even valid.

Hello @sz43

I show that your support ticket was merged into the 3054958 ticket and they have processed a refund for you.

Unfortunately what the support agent told you is correct and we cannot currently add a Privacy VPN to a retail in store purchase of Malwarebytes Premium.

If you're having issues with the computer I can assist you in seeing what's going on and try to correct it. If you're having phone issues I can get someone to reach out and assist as well just let me know.

Thank you

Thank you so much for reaching out!  I seriously am exhausted with all this.  I have unexplained Bluetooth adapters turning themselves on and apps that will not go away and on and on. lol  Malwarebytes hasn't found a thing, says I'm squeaky clean. Funny too cuz when I had added the Malwarebytes extension through Firefox it had found 2 malwares.  I removed it because I wasn't sure if the extension was helping or adding to the chaos because Firefox doesn't recommend that particular extension.  I am so confused. 

Okay, I've moved your topic to the Malware Removal section of the forum. Let me have you run the following scans and we'll see what we can find and get your system fixed up.

It may looking daunting but its actually pretty easy to do. Just follow along with the steps and instructions and if you have any questions or run into any issues just let me know and I'll help you out.

Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready.

STEP 01

• If you're already running Malwarebytes then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
  • If you don't have Malwarebytes installed yet please download it from here and install it.
  • Once installed then open Malwarebytes and select Scan and let it run.
  • Once the scan is completed click on the View Report button, then the Export button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find and attach that log on your next reply.
  • If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know in your next reply.

STEP 02

Please download AdwCleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop.

• Right-click on the program and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Accept the Terms of use.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Click Scan Now.
  • When finished, please click Clean & Repair.
  • Your PC should reboot now if any items were found.
  • After reboot, a log file will be opened. Attach or Copy its content into your next reply.

RESTART THE COMPUTER Before running Step 3

STEP 03
Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). If you've, run the tool before you need to place a checkmark here.
  • Please attach the Additions.txt log to your reply as well.

Thanks

thanks I'm going to start this now.

not sure if the database is updated? it went directly to this screen and stopped

adw.jpg

found 2 but I don't see "Clean and Repair" and also was I supposed to click the "Open Malwarebytes Premium" before doing this?

pup.jpg

You already ran the Malwarebytes scan. On this one please just click Next and let it remove those 2 items it found.

Then restart the computer and move on to STEP 3 please.

# -------------------------------
# Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.0.5.0
# Build:    05-25-2020
# Database: 2020-05-26.2 (Cloud)
# Support:  https://www.malwarebytes.com/support
#
# Mode: Clean
# Start:    05-27-2020
# Duration: 00:00:03
# OS:       Windows 10 Home
# Cleaned:  3
# Failed:   1

***** [ Services ] *****

No malicious services cleaned.

***** [ Folders ] *****

Deleted       C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\supportdotcom
Deleted       C:\Users\NoTHiNG_eaSY\AppData\Roaming\supportdotcom

***** [ Files ] *****

No malicious files cleaned.

***** [ DLL ] *****

No malicious DLLs cleaned.

***** [ WMI ] *****

No malicious WMI cleaned.

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

No malicious shortcuts cleaned.

***** [ Tasks ] *****

No malicious tasks cleaned.

***** [ Registry ] *****

No malicious registry entries cleaned.

***** [ Chromium (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Chromium entries cleaned.

***** [ Chromium URLs ] *****

No malicious Chromium URLs cleaned.

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

No malicious Firefox entries cleaned.

***** [ Firefox URLs ] *****

No malicious Firefox URLs cleaned.

***** [ Hosts File Entries ] *****

No malicious hosts file entries cleaned.

***** [ Preinstalled Software ] *****

Deleted       Preinstalled.HPTouchpointAnalyticsClient   Registry   HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{E5FB98E0-0784-44F0-8CEC-95CD4690C43F}
Not Deleted   Preinstalled.HPTouchpointAnalyticsClient   Folder   C:\ProgramData\HP\HP TOUCHPOINT ANALYTICS CLIENT

[+] Delete Tracing Keys
[+] Reset Winsock

AdwCleaner[S00].txt - [1767 octets] - [27/05/2020 11:42:56]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\Logs\AdwCleaner[C00].txt ##########

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks