hiren boot cd/flash pen drive and link for download ?

• Gt-truth changed the title to hiren boot cd/flash pen drive and link for download ?

I don't know a whole lot about it, but I did find it listed on Tom's Guide.  I don't know what tools it contains and I may be remembering wrong, but I seem to recall it possibly including some software without permission, though that was some time ago and things may have changed since then (or I could be thinking of a different boot tool).

AdvancedSetup and/or some of the Techbench members probably know more about it as may any members who currently work in PC repair.

Edited by exile360
Removed download link per forum policy

most of boot tool aren’t free to use even though they including other’s companies software and tool without their permission and it hard to find some few of them .

I was looking for such boot tool because most of our oldest external hard drives are suddenly errors out after I update my windows from version 1903 to 1909 and then to plugged the CAMERA to my laptop for the first time .. that happened and while Malwarebytes and windows security both are running  but we are still not able to find out the others causes .

trying to preforming a check disk so many time on all of them but windows unable to access to any of them sadly neither format is working

I will check your link to read and to let you know how it goes .

Edited by Gt-truth
typo

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

I hope it helps, but it sounds like something is wrong with your Windows, likely related to the update.  You may end up needing to reinstall the OS to fix the issues.

I had the OS reinstalled already but however I Have stupidly to do wiped off the flash drive which was has the windows 10 version 1903 and I make a new files for Windows 1909 and the other problem that there are no any drivers for my windows 10 version 1909 so we do not know for sure if this is one of the other causes or not but we are still trying to figuring out !

3 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I'm pretty sure you can use the Windows 10 media creation tool from here to create a USB to install the original version of Windows 10 with.  It shouldn't include the 1909 update.  Another option would be to contact your system manufacturer for recovery media.

The media creation tool will download and prepare the current version which is 1909 the November update. Soon to be 2004 possibly Thursday the 28th.

Edited by Porthos

14 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I'm surprised they haven't accounted for systems like the OP's which may not have drivers for build 1909.

Most systems will work with 1909 even though there are no driver updates made for Windows 10 in general. (from experience) 1909 is not really different from 1903 hence the small enablement package that moved it from 1903 to 1909.

Ah, I seemed to recall driver compatibility was one of the main reason MS wasn't rolling out the latest update to all systems at one point.  I guess they've since resolved it.  I recall that for a long time Windows Update refused to download/install the latest build on my system due to incompatible hardware, though they did eventually allow me to install it.

• Root Admin

@Hardhead just did a full wipe and all partition removal and installed the latest Windows 10 on a very old computer. Did not install any MFG drivers and Windows 10 included all drivers needed for his hardware. He had a Lexmark printer on the network that auto added the drivers when he scanned to add a printer.

Unless you have something very unique Windows 10 will often include a base driver for it.

an update : I forget to mentioned that the OS has the drive is a MBR with windows 1903 . then I had to wipe out all partitions and after this I use the Media creation tool for windows 1909 with the recommended option to make a GPT for the laptop drive , And then I change the BIOS to UEFI  to fix a problem here

how do I know if the BIOS is needed for an update ? cuz I do not want to risk with BIOS by do wrong version update .

so SHOULD I reverting back to old version of the WINDOWS 10 ? and why the partition software shows an unknown partition of a newly WINDOWS OS reinstalled ?  may be there is other reasons of the problem caused by something else ?

I’m going to wipe off one of the flash drive in order to be ready for an old version of the windows .

also our newest external has no any problems which  they a GPT support I think . but the oldest ones are a MBR support so not sure if the external hard drive were errors out because of changes made to both BIOS and the type of the partitions for the disk of the laptop .

@AdvancedSetup OKAY ! thank for let me know of forum rule and policy .

Edited by Gt-truth

4 minutes ago, exile360 said:

You should use UEFI with all versions of Windows 8 and Windows 10 if possible as they were designed with UEFI in mind.

so this means if I have windows 10 with GPT hard disk meant to use UEFI right ? for older windows 7 or vista and xp OS /older PC with a MBR hard drive meant to use BIOS ? is that correct ?

otherwise CAN I switch to BIOS to see if the older external hard disk are accessible/usable or not ? or what should do I do because we needs to recovery the data off them .

note : older ones are not accessible currently because of errors popping up when trying to accessing to all of them .

for windows 8 I’ve NEVER use it before so no clue here if it is use whether BIOS or UEFI .

WE are currently been running out of EXTERNAL HARD DISKS so we’ll had to gets other new/extra pieces  of the external hard drives by almost tomorrow . so which one and model should we picked to buying for ?

and how CAN I know if the cable for the external hard disk got damage and when should I replace it ?

3 hours ago, Gt-truth said:

JUST to be sure to use the correct file system ,  which file system should I make for windows 10 with a GPT hard drive ? should be a NTFS or FAT or FAT32?

That is determined by the BIOS when installing from a Windows 10 ISO.

• Root Admin

You don't typically set anything on the new hard drive. Unless you're doing a special installation just let Windows make the choices for you.

Use the Media Creation Tool which will build the image on the fly so there will be very few updates if any needed after the installation.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

I was very lucky in yesterday when I have to download the Microsoft’s Media Creation tool for 1909 (thus before Microsoft to released of the newer Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 :) ) . so anyway I use it to make a new fresh ISO for the Flash drive and I make another windows ISO for windows version 1903 to another USB DRIVE . so I have all MY device driver’s files for windows 1903 that has previously downloaded and saved already to the Laptop’s (D:) drive . so I may thinking to wipe off all partitions and install WINDOWS version 1903 to see if this has something to do with the oldest drives that are errors out currently .

THANKS @AdvancedSetup to posting your instruction with the screenshots . 

any recommendation for Manufacture that supplying a good External hard disk products for uses and a few for a backup for future uses/ flash drive as a backup for future uses/external hard drive cover/case only/ and Enclosure external hard disk cable for buying and probably for a replacement ?

we’re also going to have our first protection for all portable devices like to have a Carrying case/bag for both LAPTOP and MOBILE .

On 5/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, exile360 said:

I think 7 can be used with UEFI as well, but I've always used it on systems in BIOS mode.  I have no idea about the drives.

thanks @exile360 :) I will check both Manufacture website for the latest BIOS version update and to check the BIOS setting again and see what can I do

15 hours ago, Porthos said:

The Media creation tool now downloads Version 2004 AKA the May 2020 update.

is this any good windows update version or not good because I do not Microsoft to yet again to forcing updates for both their WINDOWS OS and for their tools as with Media Creation tool .: (

22 hours ago, Porthos said:

That is determined by the BIOS when installing from a Windows 10 ISO.

thanks for clarify on this BIOS Thing ... L)

Edited by Gt-truth

6 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

but I have a few of these 5TB drives that I use for backup and they've worked quite well for me.

Hey Ron, If you are a Costco member or know one, They are on sale for 89.99 till the 31st if you want more (limit 3)