Task Manager abruptly pops up every 4 seconds.

I do very much regret all the troubles you have run into.  We need to go real real slow.

Here is the gist of what needs to be selected by drilling thru the options

We need to get to Troubleshoot
then
Advanced Options
then
Startup Settings
then
we need to get to this

image.png.fab916bbdf1954d7206bc5d1de87338b.png

then tap the umber 5   on the numeric key row  near the top of the keyboard

we want the system into Safe Mode with NETWORKING

Again, I apologize for all the trouble.

When you get to this screen

image.png.2bd0ae886561d20dabb56affea038185.png

click the small Restart button   that is on the right side.

next

This is not the actual Startup Settings menu. This is simply the menu, by the same name, from which you choose to exit Advanced Startup Options and restart into Startup Settings, which is where you'll be able to boot Windows  into Safe Mode with Networking.

Wait while your computer restarts. You don't need to do anything here or press any keys.

Startup Settings will come up next, automatically. Windows  will not start.

You will see this screen next

image.png.a88e844360e1df31fd4b963e24db8c45.png

Tap the number 5  on the keyboard top row   ( the numeric  5   )

Have patience while it then loads that special mode.

Let me know after this is there.    Sorry for the trouble.    Microsoft did not make this real easy.

Edited by Maurice Naggar
re-updated with proper sample screens

My computer just gave me the option to go back to the previous version but I clicked cancel and followed the steps that you gave me. So after pressing number 5, I was patient and watched it reboot. Automatic Repair popped up stating "your PC did not start correctly". I have 2 options. 1. restart 2.Advanced options. 

I am afraid we may be going round-and round.   However, we want Advanced options.   I hope you go back and look at my last couple of replies with the  pictures.

Or at least if you get to Advanced Options , then choose "Command Prompt"

Aside from that.... I need to ask you if you have another working computer at home  , plus a clean USB-flash-thumb drive  that has capacity of 8 GB.

If that is so, and that computer has Windows 10,  I can have you make a rescue USB.

On re-reading your last reply, where you reported 

computer just gave me the option to go back to the previous version

If that choice comes up,  go slow and careful and follow the procedure to Restore the system from a pre-existing old Restore point.

If that works, it should result in being able to start Windows.   Give that a try if it becomes available.

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks