Website blocked due to PUP

chrisreage
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Hi,

I'm a frequent user of BitDownloader.com and I recently installed the MalwareBytes Adguard extension. It seems like the website is getting blocked due to "pup" (attached screenshot). The site isn't serving any such ads so you might want to take a look into this and fix the problem.

bitdown_screenshot.jpg

7 hours ago, Dashke said:

This is not a fp as the website is displaying notifications that lead to PUP websites.

Hi Dashke,

I'm one of the devs of BitDownloader. We've never displayed any push notifications. However, we did have popup ads up until a month ago but they've been removed ever since. I'm not sure why our website is still flagged as PUP and I believe this to be a false positive. Please take a look into this matter again. As far as this is concerned, there are no push notifications, popup, or malicious ads on the website.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Staff
3 hours ago, bitdownloader said:

Hi Dashke,

I'm one of the devs of BitDownloader. We've never displayed any push notifications. However, we did have popup ads up until a month ago but they've been removed ever since. I'm not sure why our website is still flagged as PUP and I believe this to be a false positive. Please take a look into this matter again. As far as this is concerned, there are no push notifications, popup, or malicious ads on the website.

Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks, the block will be reviewed.