All of a sudden I started getting this incredibly annoying PUP from McAfee telling me my computer is at risk. I have never used McAfee but it pops up every 10-20 mins. I downloaded and paid for malwarebytes to get try get rid of it but its still there. I have Avast anti-virus software and have done multiple scans. I even downloaded Hitman Pro. Why can't I get rid of this thing? I've deleted all Adobe products ie Photoshop because I read that McAfee is tied up with them but clearly that didn't work either. I use Chrome as the software I use for my business wont' work properly in other browsers. So over it. 

Mcafee PUP.PNG

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.
In order to help us assist you to resolve your issue, please post or attach your latest AdwCleaner log files with your post. https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039021593

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

notify me.jpeg

mbst_advanced_gather_logs.jpg

mbst_get_started.jpg

mbst_getting_logs.jpg

mbst_log_saved_desktop.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kel said:

I use Chrome as the software I use for my business wont' work properly in other browsers.

It sounds like an issue with the push notifications feature in Chromium based browsers (which includes MS Edge).  Please see if the instructions in this Malwarebytes Labs article help or not.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue still persists.

Thanks

Hello  @Kel  

Is Chrome browser the only one that has this "display" ?   is it a small popup window ?

Do not click any links of any sort on that.   BUT if it would show up again  use the mouse pointer and just only hover over click button   ....your Chrome ( or other browser) should show a link address.   It would be interesting to have that URL link.

For Chrome, this is my typical inclusive list of things to do.   One of which Porthos listed.    😃

[   1   ]

Use Chrome browser   to go to https://www.google.com/settings/chrome/sync and sign into your account.
Scroll down until you see the "reset sync" button and click on the button
At the prompt click on "Ok".

[   2   ]

for Chrome, while Chrome is running:
Press & hold SHIFT+CTRL+Del keys  on keyboard to get menu for clearing browsing data:

Check mark the line  "Browsing history"

Check mark the line "Download history"

Check mark the lined "Cached images and files"
and press Clear Data button  ( in blue )

[   3   ]

After that, make real sure that Chrome is "NOT" set to reload the pages from the last session

Go into the settings menu of Chrome by first clicking  the control icon of Chrome on upper right of the adress bar

Then look deeper in SETTINGS

Make real sure it is "NOT" set to "continue where you left off"

[   4   ]

See this article on our Malwarebytes Blog
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/technology/2019/01/browser-push-notifications-feature-asking-abused/

You want to disable the ability of each web browser on this machine from being able to allow "push ads". That means Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browser (on Windows 10), or on Opera.

Scroll down to the tips section "How do I disable them".

[   5   ]

I suggest you install the Malwarebytes Browser guard for Chrome.

To get & install the Malwarebytes Browser Guard extension for Chrome,

Open this link in your Chrome   browser: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/malwarebytes/ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee

Then proceed with the setup.

[   6    ]

I  would suggest to download, Save, and then run Malwarebytes ADWCLEANER.

Please close Chrome and all other open web browsers after you have saved the Adwcleaner and before you start Adwcleaner scan.

Adwcleaner  detects factory Preinstalled applications too!

If you already have Adwcleaner version 8.0.4  then skip the download.

Please download  Malwarebytes AdwCleaner  https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner

Be sure to Save the file first, to your system.  Saving to the Downloads folder should be the default on your system.

Go to the folder where you saved Adwcleaner. Double click Adwcleaner  to start it.

At the prompt for license agreement, review and then click on I agree.

You will then see a main screen for Adwcleaner. ( if you do not see it right away, minimized the other open windows, so you can see Adwcleaner).

Then click on Dashboard button.

Click the blue button "Scan Now".

allow it a few minutes to finish the Scan.   Let it remove what it finds.

NOTE:  When it comes to the section "

Pre-installed applications

You can skip that.

Please find and send the Adwcleaner "C" clean report.

In Adwcleaner, click the "Reports" button.  Look at the list of reports for the latest date & type "Clean".

Double Click that line & it will open in Notepad.   Save the file to your system and then Attach that with your reply.

That C clean report will be the one with the most recent Date and time at folder  C:\AdwCleaner\Logs

Thanks.  Keep us advised.