So I am playing the game warface and you have to go through Steam that goes through game center/gamecenter.exe and Mawlarebytes detects it is a Trojan can you tell me if this is a false report?

If so I will exclude it so that I an continue to play the game if it is malware I guess I am going to not play the game no more.

false.PNG

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thisisu said:

Hello,

I am unblocking the IP. There was Linux malware on it before: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/462a5af538f0adfa538807e75ba8b6a045c8c202f63d98793f90ce0a7c2301de/detection

Regards

So does this mean it is ok to play the game on Windows 10 and it won't pop up no more it will need to be the actual program because it blocks more ips then the one shown

here is another

false.PNG

false.PNG

Edited by flexx73

17 hours ago, thisisu said:

Hello,

I am unblocking the IP. There was Linux malware on it before: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/462a5af538f0adfa538807e75ba8b6a045c8c202f63d98793f90ce0a7c2301de/detection

Regards

I really need to make sure this is not a virus if not I need to add the program to not be scanned to play the game. But can you double check the gamecenter.exe or however you do things. Because if it is a virus then people trying to play the game from here could get infected.

7 minutes ago, flexx73 said:

From what they are saying it is not good for the comptuer and damages files I will be removing this ASAP and notify Steam about this as well

https://www.threatfixer.com/quickly-remove-gamecenter-exe-in-just-15-minutes/

I have checked on steam and several gamers detecting the same on there computer as well with malwarebyte malware. The people at steam say that it is a Torent and will trigger the false positive. But ever since I installed the Warface game my computer has been acting weird. I have a Ryzen 9 3900x CPU 32 gigs of Ram and Geforce 2060 RTX card. And now receiving errors when starting up. Have removed the game and the gameCenter.exe and will see what happens and will post back .

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, flexx73 said:

From what they are saying it is not good for the comptuer and damages files I will be removing this ASAP and notify Steam about this as well

As a tech you should know that site you listed is a joke and is only built to sell that spyhunter crap.

Steam uses a p2p/torrent system to play the games, so it can connect to many IP address all the time.

18 hours ago, thisisu said:

I am unblocking the IP

The game is fine and the IP block was removed.

Edited by Porthos

16 hours ago, flexx73 said:

So does this mean it is ok to play the game on Windows 10 and it won't pop up no more it will need to be the actual program because it blocks more ips then the one shown

here is another

false.PNG

false.PNG

Hello,

I'm not unblocking 45.161.255.150 because that one is still hosting Linux malware: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/caf53d1edd76069b1c6b112e5530d0e0f50edd429699cd09f493721450450db7/detection

176.113.161.95 was unblocked because the files are no longer active there.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

As a tech you should know that site you listed is a joke and is only built to sell that spyhunter crap.

Steam uses a p2p/torrent system to play the games, so it can connect to many IP address all the time.

I am a tech but I am not perfect and don't know everything my friend, I learn new things everyday just because your a tech you don't know everything or do you?

Edited by flexx73

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Since you are an expert tell me if this site is bad info as well?

https://www.file.net/process/gamecenter.exe.html

Just now, flexx73 said:

I am a tech but I am not perfect and don't know everything my friend, I learn new things everyday just because your a tech you don't know everything or do you?

I know the site you quoted is BS and any site that offers spyhunter to remove the supposed issue are as well.

You can add the steam games to the allow list in Malwarebytes. With no harm to your system.

2020-05-21_14h21_11.png

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, flexx73 said:

Since you are an expert tell me if this site is bad info as well?

Another site that wants you to install some crap program to remove the "issue"

The program it wants you to install is blocked by MB and others.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/64e9c50bdd49524e70ecdb2af245ecb37a56d543b2971ed6112a0f7db29b72f5/detection

Edited by Porthos

Just now, Porthos said:

I know the site you quoted is BS and any site that offers spyhunter to remove the supposed issue are as well.

You can add the steam games to the allow list in Malwarebytes. With no harm to your system.

2020-05-21_14h21_11.png

Just built a new gaming system and a friend wanted me to play warface with him and MB kept blocking the ips and there was over 10 ips and I know how to do that. I was in panic mode and seen the info on the site and blindly was not paying attention I am not perfect I make mistakes I am not stupid and know how to remove malware even when MB leaves some behind leftover malware files its not perfect. But I continue to use it and sell the licenses to my customers. I came here to ask if it was safe that was all. I would like you to go into steam if you have it and install warface and open the game then the GameCenter.exe will run and then you will see MB blocking Ips every few minutes just do that and maybe you can figure it out because I am an expert but not perfect. That is why I came here or I would have never posted this issue. I have uninstalled it and removing it from appdata folder to make sure it is gone. And will restart my computer. To see if my computer will act right. 

2 minutes ago, flexx73 said:

install warface and open the game then the GameCenter.exe will run and then you will see MB blocking Ips every few minutes just do that and maybe you can figure it out because I am an expert but not perfect.

Steam games use P2P/torrents during play. All Steam games and others do this now. It is like using any torrent program to download any content.

Yes I admit it is alarming to a user that does not understand how torrents work to see those Malwarebytes warnings. We see threads here all the time about the fears.

5 minutes ago, flexx73 said:

But I continue to use it and sell the licenses to my customers.

As do I. I have using software created by Malwarebytes even before there was a program named Malwarebytes.

This thread is not the place for this discussion and I think it will be closed soon.

14 minutes ago, flexx73 said:

Just built a new gaming system and a friend wanted me to play warface with him and MB kept blocking the ips and there was over 10 ips and I know how to do that. I was in panic mode and seen the info on the site and blindly was not paying attention I am not perfect I make mistakes I am not stupid and know how to remove malware even when MB leaves some behind leftover malware files its not perfect. But I continue to use it and sell the licenses to my customers. I came here to ask if it was safe that was all. I would like you to go into steam if you have it and install warface and open the game then the GameCenter.exe will run and then you will see MB blocking Ips every few minutes just do that and maybe you can figure it out because I am an expert but not perfect. That is why I came here or I would have never posted this issue. I have uninstalled it and removing it from appdata folder to make sure it is gone. And will restart my computer. To see if my computer will act right. 

Look at that I removed all files and my computer boots up fast and no issues. obviously MB has not had a problem with this yet because my computer runs perfectly fine since I uninstalled warface from steam and removed the GameCenter.exe file leftovers from appdata.