Jump to content
Eft1

i was infected by danabot

Recommended Posts

What is the device manufacturer for the hard drive?

You can check the serial number from Device Manager then do a search online for that number to see what the drive is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

What is the device manufacturer for the hard drive?

You can check the serial number from Device Manager then do a search online for that number to see what the drive is.

 

the company is HGST (never hared about them befor)
image.png.8588b1d343eef757d3edcf38e695b33c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HGST (Hitachi Global Storage Technologies) was a manufacturer of hard disk drives, solid-state drives, and external storage products and services.

It was initially a subsidiary of Hitachi, formed through its acquisition of IBM's disk drive business. It was acquired by Western Digital in 2012. However, until October 2015, it was required to operate autonomously from the remainder of the company due to conditions imposed by Chinese regulators. Chinese regulators later permitted Western Digital to begin wider integration of HGST into its main business. By 2018, the HGST brand had been phased out, with its remaining products now marketed under the Western Digital name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HGST

 

 

Please see the following site for information on downloading and installing a tool to test the drive.

https://www.westerndigital.com/support/hgst/internal-drives/mobile-laptop/travelstar-7k1000

https://www.westerndigital.com/content/dam/western-digital/en-us/assets/support/CheckDriveFitness/WinDFTInstallandUserGuide.pdf

https://www.westerndigital.com/content/dam/western-digital/en-us/assets/support/CheckDriveFitness/WinDFT095.zip

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

HGST (Hitachi Global Storage Technologies) was a manufacturer of hard disk drives, solid-state drives, and external storage products and services.

It was initially a subsidiary of Hitachi, formed through its acquisition of IBM's disk drive business. It was acquired by Western Digital in 2012. However, until October 2015, it was required to operate autonomously from the remainder of the company due to conditions imposed by Chinese regulators. Chinese regulators later permitted Western Digital to begin wider integration of HGST into its main business. By 2018, the HGST brand had been phased out, with its remaining products now marketed under the Western Digital name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HGST

 

 

Please see the following site for information on downloading and installing a tool to test the drive.

https://www.westerndigital.com/support/hgst/internal-drives/mobile-laptop/travelstar-7k1000

https://www.westerndigital.com/content/dam/western-digital/en-us/assets/support/CheckDriveFitness/WinDFTInstallandUserGuide.pdf

https://www.westerndigital.com/content/dam/western-digital/en-us/assets/support/CheckDriveFitness/WinDFT095.zip

 

i downloaded installed and nothig appered,tryed to scan didn't helped,tryed to reboot my pc,turn off MB, nothing appered
image.png.dd3ec44a8ba5d3ff62a14d352c2c47b3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok downloaded the first one
did an health scan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would try some tests and scans from HDTune but bottom line with allocation events and reading errors I would recommend you seriously look at replacing the drive. It would be a great time to consider a new SSD drive which is easily 5x faster than your old mechanical drive.

With a NEW installation of Windows 10 you'll experience a much faster operating system than you've ever known on that computer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I would try some tests and scans from HDTune but bottom line with allocation events and reading errors I would recommend you seriously look at replacing the drive. It would be a great time to consider a new SSD drive which is easily 5x faster than your old mechanical drive.

With a NEW installation of Windows 10 you'll experience a much faster operating system than you've ever known on that computer.

 

i did considerd to switch to SSD after the semester will end,i didn't wanted to start reinstalling all of the programs that might will have problems to work (like Microsoft server).

this is the health,im scaning meanwhile (not looking grate so far)

health.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know people are often put off by having to reinstall but stop and think about it for a moment. At most a few days to reinstall and get customized how you want it vs. fighting stuff that just does not work right and is slow as can be every day for years. Surely taking a couple days to get things cleaned up is time well spent vs hundreds or a thousand bad days over a 3 year period.

Not sure what you mean by Microsoft Server. That is for business not a home user. You're currently running:   Platform: Windows 10 Home Version 1903 18362.778 (X64) Language: ‏‏עברית (ישראל)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I know people are often put off by having to reinstall but stop and think about it for a moment. At most a few days to reinstall and get customized how you want it vs. fighting stuff that just does not work right and is slow as can be every day for years. Surely taking a couple days to get things cleaned up is time well spent vs hundreds or a thousand bad days over a 3 year period.

Not sure what you mean by Microsoft Server. That is for business not a home user. You're currently running:   Platform: Windows 10 Home Version 1903 18362.778 (X64) Language: ‏‏עברית (ישראל)

 

i use the Microsoft sever for my SQL class at collage.

i will upgrade to an SSD, there is no other options left for me, i cant afford to lose my project even though i backed up every few days, well before danabot hit me and now i prefer to not connect my external HDD to this PC to avoid infecting it.

feeling lost,i feel like you probably have removed all of the malware but because my PC if so faulty we can't be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, we seem to be at a juncture that prevents much further forward movement.

If you need help with links etc on reinstalling let me know.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can potentially image the old drive to the new one but that would not be my recommendation. That takes all the trash, junk, and problems from one drive to the new one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

You can potentially image the old drive to the new one but that would not be my recommendation. That takes all the trash, junk, and problems from one drive to the new one.

 

yeah i thought about cloaning but now after the infection it's dosn't seems like a good idea.

one last quastion,is there a way to reset the HDD meanwhile so i get rid of the infection for sure?

thank you so much for all your help and effort,if there's a way to show my gratitude i'd love to know.
sorry for being such of a mess case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what you mean by reset. Current scans are not finding an issue but I wanted to run the Microsoft tools to verify all OS files but seems they don't run.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Not sure what you mean by reset. Current scans are not finding an issue but I wanted to run the Microsoft tools to verify all OS files but seems they don't run.

 

i mean that the windows will delete all the files and data that was added to the system over the years and leave the computer as if it was it's came from the manufactor.

i'll try to fix powershell later (not today or tommorow) if i'll succeed i'll notify it here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is different for different MFG. What is the MFG, make, model of your computer and approximate date you bought it?

This is a laptop I assume based on the hard drive.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

That is different for different MFG. What is the MFG, make, model of your computer and approximate date you bought it?

This is a laptop I assume based on the hard drive.

 

 

my computer is a laptop made by Asus modle X556UQ - DM060T (modle number: RTL8723BE) made in june 2016 (bought in august +-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're quite welcome. I will go ahead then and close your topic but if you do need something else please don't hesitate to post a new topic and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Take care and stay safe out there. The closing speech will also have a link to help keep your system safe.

Thank you again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.