Allow access to file URL's - extension setting

Hello, I was poking around in settings and see there's an option within the Chrome browser extension to "Allow access to file URL's".    I read all the setup material and I can't find this setting mentioned.  Do I need to enable this for any reason?

Thank You

browser gaurd extension.jpg

Greetings,

It is not necessary to change any of the default settings for Malwarebytes Browser Guard to function properly.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we might help with please let us know.

Thanks

You're welcome :)

You might recall that when installing Malwarebytes Browser Guard (as well as any other extension for Chrome) that it displayed a small prompt/notification in the browser toolbar asking you to approve access for Malwarebytes Browser Guard to certain aspects of your browser/connection.  Those settings you located for the extension are the list of permissions/options for each extension where it lists the items which were not granted to Malwarebytes Browser Guard and in particular the setting you highlighted is one of the ones that Malwarebytes Browser Guard doesn't request permissions/access for because it doesn't need it to function and protect your browsing (this is because it checks websites and servers based on the block lists provided by Malwarebytes' Researchers along with the behavior based aspects that look at a website's behavior so it doesn't require access to any files you might be downloading, only the websites your browser tries to connect to).  That's just my opinion based on looking at the settings and recalling the install process for Malwarebytes Browser Guard, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works and why.

Files you might download will be checked by your AV and/or by Malwarebytes Premium if you have it installed and Malwarebytes Browser Guard should work alongside any anti-malware or antivirus to provide an additional layer of protection against online threats.