Reveninc

Malwarebytes Android Free not scanning any files?

@mbam_mtbr
This is completely ridiculous.  As of this morning, my Google Play Store app continues to connect to a server which is only offering 3.5.7.6 (April update).  Someone on your team needs to reach out to google and insist they immediately propagate the new version to ALL their servers.  You may also want to change the version number on the description for those servers that do show the update date of May 26, 2020, but still reports the 3.5.7.6 version number.

@mbam_mtbr
Only a dozen times.  The issue is when I go to the play store, it only offers me 3.7.5.6.  The description says it's the April 16, 2020 update.  A screenshot is attached.  I have the paid-subscription BTW.

I have done everything I can think of-- cleared the cache and data for the Play Store App.  I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled Malwarebytes (always gives me 3.7.5.6).  I've disabled the Play Store App, cleared cache & date, shut down the phone, restarted the phone, enabled Play Store App, used NordVPN to try to connect to a different Play Store Server and still, no matter what, I get the April 16, 2020 Malwarebytes page.

As far as I can tell, it's only Malwarebytes that's having this issue.  As of early this morning I updated multiple apps with newer versions (e.g., my Adidas app, with a Play Store update dated of June 11, 2020).  So it's not as if I'm having this problem across-the-board, there are plenty of apps which are reporting the newest versions).

You advised that it just needs to propagate.  At this point, I'd say it's not propagating any further.  One other person who did a review on the Play Store app page seems to also have a problem not getting the update for the premium version-- a review from 6/11/2020 from "kanaboy nalo" says, "Paid premium version not scanning files or system apps."  Since his review is from 6/11/2020, if the May 26, 2020 update had propagated I would assume that would have fixed the problem.

Perhaps this is a problem for your premium subscribers?  In any event, it's very frustrating that I'm paying for software which I cannot use.

@Reveninc
Reveninc do you have the premium (paid-for) subscription or the free version?

Screenshot_20200613-111611_Google Play Store.jpg

FYI I have exactly the same problem. Zero files scanned and the latest app available in the app store is 3.7.5.6

I am running the Premium version and have also cleared cache and storage and reinstalled many times.

I am on a Sony Xperia I running latest Android 10. I have no other AV installed.

@mbam_mtbr  This clearly is a more widespread issue... My guess is most of your users are not sophisticated enough to be reporting it.  Appears that Premium subscribers are not being offered 3.7.5.8 on the Google Play Store.

On 6/15/2020 at 8:20 AM, AndroidS9User said:

Appears that Premium subscribers are not being offered 3.7.5.8 on the Google Play Store.

Indeed, but something is working somewhere, sorta.  In the wee EST hours of 06/14, I checked Play Store for any pending updates, and there was one for Malwarebytes waiting for me,  before Play Store or Malwarebytes notified me (and my subscription is through MB itself).  I thought "woohoo, it finally hit whatever server serves me" and uploaded.  Phone says it now has 3.7.5.8.  Only later did it occur to me to check the MBAM app in Play Store, which as it turns out, still says 3.7.5.6 from April.

Incidentally, I also have the free version of Kaspersky without real-time protection; I don't think it and MBAM have ever interfered with each other on my phone.

Hey AndriodS9User,

Have you been able to download the update yet?

Reveninc

Hi all, '

Sorry for the lack of communication,

On 6/14/2020 at 1:36 AM, AndroidS9User said:

Reveninc do you have the premium (paid-for) subscription or the free version?

I am using the free version of the program at the moment. I checked my play store and it lists the last update as the 26th of May 2020 version 3.7.5.8 which I was able to install on the 8th of June 2020. Has there been any official answer as to why some can download the update and others can't? Is it related to the use of premium? Honestly the lack of communication from the support team about this issue has been disheartening. As I like the program and have had flawless experience with the program for years until this issue occurred. Let's hope they fix this issue for premium members quickly.

Regards,

Reveninc