Malwarebytes 4.1 bogus detections and hindering pc operations

• Root Admin

I said that you could install Java but you were supposed to uninstall ALL java first. The logs show that you did not uninstall any Java

The information above was also edited. That is not what is recorded in the system

If you want help you need to stop editing content please. That simply makes my job harder to help you

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... the Java turns out to be a portable version I installed. I made the mistake of jsut tossing the folder into recycle bin and permanently deleting it. 

Now the old Java is stuck listed on the Programs add/remove, even though there's nothing there anymore.

image.thumb.png.83cb738f5249ea56805f897690c9ef04.png

This directory does not exist anymore, the folder is gone. So whenever I try to uninstall it gives me errors

image.png

• Root Admin

No worry about the other advanced items. Not needed.

You can go hear to update WinRAR

https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Now, please restart the computer one more time and run the FRST program again and post back both new logs as an attachment and we'll see what is left to work on.

HI, so after I posted the previous one, I put my computer to sleep, waited a few hourse, and checked to see if it crashed again. It did. This time I managed to catch the crash log.

This is what it looks like. Do you need the memory dumps from this? 

Untitled.thumb.png.6fc3d67c839b6a3f2235e714e1d46ef8.png

• Root Admin

I'm just trying to help you get the computer generally cleaned up. We've removed Malwarebytes so that cannot be a cause for the BSOD

If that continues then you'd need to create a new topic in the BSOD section of the forum where Experts in that area of research can assist.

Let me review your current new FRST logs

• Root Admin

Well, the logs show Malwarebytes is installed again. Please uninstall both Malwarebytes and Avast as well as CCleaner

Since we know the computer does not have any obvious infections at this point, please temporarily uninstall Malwarebytes, and Avast antivirus from Control Panel, Programs, Add/Remove - then restart the computer.

Then after the reboot run MSCONFIG and set it to NORMAL and restart the computer.

The extension in Chrome is highly suspect and should probably be removed:  New XKit

After you have uninstalled Malwarebytes and Avast please run the following fix.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

I'm not sure. I installed directly from the Github they provided.

Also, After running FRST fix and restarting, it didn't restart normally, instead it went into a "Scanning and repairing drive C" process. Is this supposed to happen? 

• Root Admin
21 minutes ago, renoir said:

I'm not sure. I installed directly from the Github they provided.

If an extension does not have an approved entry on the Google Chrome Web Store then I would highly suggest you uninstall it. Probably why it was detected is someone has already reported an issue with it.

Yes, the fix told your computer to run a Disk Check to verify disk data integrity

Once complete please post back the Fixlog.txt file.