Malwarebytes Privacy Cannot Connect to Internet

Hi!

I installed Malwarebytes about two weeks ago and paid for the additional VPN. However, after this two week period I cannot get the VPN to connect to the internet. From what I can see there is nothing blocking me from accessing the internet without the VPN. Every time I click to connect to a secure server I get the error:

"Could not connect. Please check your Internet connection and then try again."

2 minutes ago, Hawnsolo12 said:

Hi!

I installed Malwarebytes about two weeks ago and paid for the additional VPN. However, after this two week period I cannot get the VPN to connect to the internet. From what I can see there is nothing blocking me from accessing the internet without the VPN. Every time I click to connect to a secure server I get the error:

"Could not connect. Please check your Internet connection and then try again."

We need to get information from this machine in order to have the proper detail to help you forward.
 NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support xxx.xx.exe to run the report
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.

Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"

Do NOT use the button “Start repair” !
    Click the Advanced tab on the left column

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Please attach the ZIP file in your next reply.

• 3 weeks later...
  • AdvancedSetup changed the title to Malwarebytes Privacy Cannot Connect to Internet
  • 2 weeks later...

To fix the problem:

1. open the following folder: "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Privacy\".
2. Then right-click on the "TunnelDriver.msi" file and select Uninstall.
3. After this step, right click again on the file "TunnelDriver.msi" and select install.

The problem should then be resolved.

Hi all,

There are different root causes to this issue.

For some users, this issue may be caused by third-party software uninstalling the tunnel driver used by Malwarebytes Privacy from the driver store. This behaviour has been exhibited by third-party software such as Advanced SystemCare. For these cases, the steps listed above by Jack2211 will indeed (temporarily) solve the issue. We will be releasing an update that automatically fixes this issue when the driver is unexpectedly uninstalled.

In the case of AussieKev, this issue was caused by something unrelated and we will also be releasing an update to automatically fix this in the future.

Edited by LiquidTension
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem as of a week ago.  I installed and ran the support tool but after many hours of it at the Run FRST stage, I killed the process.  Now, today, my second time running it, it has already been several hours at the Run FRST stage and appears to be doing nothing.  Is this normal?  Or is the program hung up and unable to continue for some reason?