Does Malwarebytes Premium have popup ads

No matter where I search...google or bing...I can't find an answer to this: does Malwarebytes Premium have popup ads to get you to buy other Malwarebytes products.  It was really irritating paying money for the AVG premium security product, but they still bothered you with annoying ads. 

5 hours ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

No, Malwarebytes Premium does not display any pop-up advertisements at all at the moment (nor has it ever up to this point).  I hope that helps to set your mind at ease and if there is anything else we might help you with please let us know.

Thanks

Err, that's not quite true.  I was surprised the other day to see a pop up from Malwarebytes Premium suggesting I install the browser extensions.  I already have the browser extension installed on my browsers anyway.

13 hours ago, Krusty said:

Err, that's not quite true.  I was surprised the other day to see a pop up from Malwarebytes Premium suggesting I install the browser extensions.  I already have the browser extension installed on my browsers anyway.

I see the same pop-up message when update or when do a fresh install of Malwarebytes

4 hours ago, exile360 said:

I've never seen that pop-up on my systems and I too am running Premium (along with Malwarebytes Browser Guard).  I'm not sure what determines whether or not to display that.

you can to get this message when you have to either software update or by doing a clean install of the Malwarebytes .

40 minutes ago, Krusty said:

Strangely, it only popped up on one of my machines.  I guess it was only delivered to a certain percentage of users.

confirmed ! it only popped-up for one time .

5 hours ago, exile360 said:

I've never seen that pop-up on my systems and I too am running Premium (along with Malwarebytes Browser Guard).  I'm not sure what determines whether or not to display that.

I have seen it but only on opening of the GUI and never as a out of the blue pop up.

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have seen it but only on opening of the GUI and never as a out of the blue pop up.

To be honest, I don't remember what I was doing when I seen the pop up, but I didn't see it on my other machine... still haven't.

The term "pop up"  ads  was historically used to describe events in web browsers,  that cause them to open a new tab or a new window.

IMHO  'pop up' does not apply here since they occur within the frame of the application display  and are only at the bottom part of the frame.  More like a informational promo, as would have been about the Browser guards.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 8:30 AM, exile360 said:

Greetings,

No, Malwarebytes Premium does not display any pop-up advertisements at all at the moment (nor has it ever up to this point).  I hope that helps to set your mind at ease and if there is anything else we might help you with please let us know.

Thanks

Today Malwarebytes Premium to displays an pop-up to advert for another Malwarebytes’s product which is Browser Guard

why the Premium version starts showing a pop-up advertisement as of today ?

1 minute ago, Gt-truth said:

Today Malwarebytes Premium to displays an pop-up to advert for another Malwarebytes’s product which is Browser Guard

why the Premium version starts showing a pop-up advertisement as of today ?

These what you call pop ups only happen if you open the program not anytime else.

The Free version, That is another story.

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

These what you call pop ups only happen if you open the program not anytime else.

The Free version, That is another story.

true with free version but I have active to Premium version from 2 day ago  and however I have still seen this pop up when I just to open up the software in order to make a software update

so does that mean is normal for Premium version to shows this ad ?

Edited by Gt-truth

8 minutes ago, Gt-truth said:

I just to open up the software in order to make a software update

Malwarebytes does most updates on its own.

8 minutes ago, Gt-truth said:

so does that mean is normal for Premium version to shows this ad ?

Yes it is now.

Nothing abnormal with pop-ups for a new version ready to install. Firefox is doing this to, as many software out there doing the same. IDM, VLC mediaplayer, VMWare Workstation and so on... This is good, so you are always sure you have the latest version installed.

With the free version it is also normal tho have some pop ups for promoting Malwarebytes. The staff is not working for free, no one does...

• 2 months later...

I can confirm after using Malwarebytes Premium for more than a decade, I'm getting ads for their other products on a seemingly weekly basis. I recommend and install Malwarebytes specifically because it's so clean and doesn't have ads that will confuse my parents. For them to start sneaking them into a Premium product is super shady and they've lost a lot of credibility with me because of that. They need to patch this out of Premium immediately. I'm fine with ads on free products, but after paying for Premium with no ads for years, this feel like bait and switch.

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I will be sure to pass it on to the Product team for review and consideration.  I know they plan to implement options to control the pop-ups, but in the meantime hopefully they can reduce the frequency to be less obtrusive as it shouldn't show up too often, especially when it's displaying the same message repeatedly.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:41 PM, exile360 said:

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I will be sure to pass it on to the Product team for review and consideration.  I know they plan to implement options to control the pop-ups, but in the meantime hopefully they can reduce the frequency to be less obtrusive as it shouldn't show up too often, especially when it's displaying the same message repeatedly.

IT SHOULDNT HAPPEN AT ALL!!!!!!!!  Happened on two of my computers last week.  Premium user and they evidently think it's ok to use my desktop as their billboard and this plan to implement has been going on two years according to other posts I've seen.  In what twisted world do people who pay for a product get spammed?