exile360

Amazon Music download blocked

Amazon Music downloads are being blocked by MBG:

https://d1894xhml4amkr.cloudfront.net/DigitalMusicDeliveryService/ZipDownloadServlet.zip?e=1589448394&sf=a92a06f5-5089-45a5-8653-ceef7ad96870&h=a761e0c2c52c094db70fe723897d81dc2a97766087684c6ca7109119d71b23a1

Posted (edited)

@exile360 I had no issue with that link in Firefox but I did in Chrome.

Edited by Porthos

@exile360 Please try it again in 15-30 minutes to see if my partial block worked.  I was blocked for suspicious download in both Firefox and Chrome.

I tried it again, this time in Iron (Chromium based) and it was blocked; oddly it was no longer blocked for me in Firefox so I'm not sure what the problem is there.

Never mind, it is blocked for both still.  I didn't let the download attempt go far enough to get the block on Firefox before, but this time I did and it was still blocked.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I tried it again, this time in Iron (Chromium based) and it was blocked; oddly it was no longer blocked for me in Firefox so I'm not sure what the problem is there.

PS, Thanks for the Floyd.

Just checked, Already had that one, Aww Shucks.

2020-05-13_16h21_07.png

Edited by Porthos

Hehe, you're welcome :)

Yep, redownloading my music library from Amazon onto my new rig (I love their DRM-free MP3s).  Unfortunately I've also run into an issue where Amazon lists some albums it won't let me download for some reason where the download link is greyed out for them and I'm not sure why.  I'll have to dig and verify whether these are albums I've purchased or not (I believe they are but it's a big library that goes back years).

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

it's a big library that goes back years

I have 200 gigs of local music content mirrored on more than one external. Do not want to lose it.

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I have 200 gigs of local music content mirrored on more than one external. Do not want to lose it.

and I hope you're not keeping them both connected at all times 😁

3 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

and I hope you're not keeping them both connected at all times 😁

Of course not. Backup is my religion and I also practice what I preach. Can we get an Amen.

@exile360 I modified the text string just now, so try it again in 15-30 minutes.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner; download is still blocked here as of this posting (just checked).

@exile360  I tweaked the string again.  Try it out (after 15-30 minutes).  When it comes to some of the CDN-based services, its hard to know how generous/careful I need to be.