Spam in the top part of the screen(notification area) on lenovo Vibe B

Hello, I get a popup notification on top of the screen.

The logo icon is like someonetalking in a comic book (like the hangouts logo) and i get a message which urges me to click. It always has a photo, mostly drawn like a game icon, the messages are idiotical: many emoticons, and for example in my own language it says "For god" and there are 2 link button, accept and refuse. And sometimes crashed characters. I have never clicked on it or on the button links, look like obvious malware.

Had mcaffee and it did nothing. Got bitdefender free and malwarebyte free and they also did nothing, they don t find it. Any idea?

Hi @Mihnea,

You may have Adware on your device.  If you could send me an Apps Report, I can look further into it.

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1.Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.

2.Tap the Menu icon.

3. Tap Your apps.

4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.

5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included.

At this point, it would be very helpful to mention you are submitting via recommendation from the Malwareybtes forum.  This allows our support staff to know where to direct it.

By sending the Apps Report, you will create a ticket in our support system.

Private Message (PM) me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

Also, if you come across the ad in the notifications again, you can find out the app causing it using this method:

1. Press and hold the notification and it will give the option to go to MORE SETTINGS
  2. Click MORE SETTINGS and it will take you to the notifications settings
  3. Within the notifications setting, you can get to the App info by clicking the icon of the app at the top
  4. If you take a screenshot of App info section, I can try to track it down

Nathan

Done what you asked, sent both e-mail and PM

The app seems to be Push Service, not sure if it is malware or a default app, I think something may have forced its way into giving me push notifications, I never used that in my life, not for PC and not for phone.

• 3 weeks later...