I just got an adware on my computer. I have seemingly deleted all of it, though Malwarebytes is asking me to restart. Sorry if I sound like a noob, I don't get viruses that much, but was bored and stupidly downloaded a suspicious program that claimed to be an autotune program701772248_ScreenShot2020-05-11at10_38_37PM.thumb.png.57d5d8ca1c589f7a2ee9360491e1f02c.png

Restarting your computer to fully resolve an infection is quite common when the infection involves running processes that continue to run in the background even after the files that launched it have been removed, so yes, restart your computer.

Although it's not entirely out-of-the-question that Malwarebytes could be controlled by malware and there have been instances of it disabling anti-virus software, I don't recall any  instance of being able to control it. In addition, if malware wants to take over your computer, there are many ways to do so without requiring a restart.

• 3 weeks later...