Slow DNS latency issues

I've been having a similar problem e/ MBAM 4.1.0.  I have been getting large (>=150ms to a LAN node) spikes in latency that happen exactly once a minute.  As soon as I turn off web protection they go away.  I believe this may be tied to MBAM blocking PIA from probing various servers in order to check for latency.  I have reported the problem between MBAM & PIA before.

• Root Admin

Hello @jwclack52

Please try the following STEPS

STEP 1
Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

Let us know if that clears up the issue or not.

If STEP 1 did not help then please restart the computer and  proceed to STEP 2 so that we can get logs to help us determine the cause

STEP 2
When the issue occurs, do you have a VPN or any other network filtering software enabled (besides Malwarebytes)?
Does this issue consistently present itself when Web Protection is enabled?
Does the issue occur when you are not using Bittorent, qBittorrent, or any other P2P torrent software?

We're in need of additional information to help narrow down the cause of this issue.
Part of this process will involve manually triggering a crash to obtain a memory dump, which will hopefully show what the Web Protection driver is doing to cause this issue. You can read more about this process here.

Once you've reproduced the issue and are actively experiencing it, force a crash by pressing the following keys at the same time: Left Ctrl+Left Alt+U+U.

After the machine has rebooted, you should find a memory dump named MEMORY.dmp in C:\Windows. Please zip this up and provide it to us.

Please follow the directions from the following topic:  Upload Malwarebytes Support Tool logs offline and upload that new log as well on your next reply

Thank you

You're kidding, right?  You want me to perform further beta testing for you???  You and PIA already know that there is an issue that has been reported by multiple users.  I assume that you actually have computers and can test this for yourselves.  Here is their response to my issue:
"Hello,

Thank you for your reply.  PIA has begun experiencing an issue in the last 3 days where Malware bytes is blacklisting IP Addresses. PIA is actively working with Malwarebytes regarding this issue."

Now, get to work and rectify this issue.
Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed quote

• Root Admin

Yes, we are aware that there are issues for a handful of users and why we ask for assistance in obtaining logs to help us determine why millions of other user configurations do not have an issue but certain hardware/software configurations do have an issue.

It's sort of like going to a doctor and complaining you have symptoms but when the doctor asks you to take some tests you decline. Eventually you may find some cure but it's going to take much longer if you don't help out.

We are working on dozens of logs and reports trying to track down and correct issues. If you do not wish to assist that's okay too. Please try disabling the Web Protection for now as a workaround until a resolution that works with your configuration is found.

Thank you

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, we are aware that there are issues for a handful of users and why we ask for assistance in obtaining logs to help us determine why millions of other user configurations do not have an issue but certain hardware/software configurations do have an issue.

In my 30+ years of being an IT consultant, in addition to serving as the Director of IT at a state university campus, there is one thing that stands out - when a tech tells me that "nobody [or] only a handful of user is/are having these problems," there are thousands or more, period.  Most are just living with it, doc (see below).

It's sort of like going to a doctor and complaining you have symptoms but when the doctor asks you to take some tests you decline. Eventually you may find some cure but it's going to take much longer if you don't help out.

Except that YOU, doc, caused the problem and you are declining to perform the necessary tests to rectify the problem.  Rather, you expect me to perform the tests for you.
It's sort of like malpractice.

We are working on dozens of logs and reports trying to track down and correct issues. If you do not wish to assist that's okay too. Please try disabling the Web Protection for now as a workaround until a resolution that works with your configuration is found.

Thank you

You also have the option of reverting to an earlier component package version, which will allow you to keep Web Protection enabled.
You can download this from here: https://malwarebytes.box.com/s/z6cravnwptrzx5tyjw36jq6zt6c7apsx

Once installed, you will need to disable the two update options found in Settings -> General -> Application updates to prevent the product from updating back to the affected version.

I suggest using the following clean install guide.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install. Say no and use the download from my above link and install the old version and disable the update before you do anything else.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not.